Workout Music Motivation

Options
Am I the only person that refuses to workout if I forget my ipod? Does music motivate you when you workout? ??

Replies

• J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'll still work put but I'll be annoyed for the entire start of it lol. My music depends on my mood. Sometimes it's something up beat, old school hip hop, Beyoncé, rage against the machine, Metallica and every now and then Abba. I like to mix it up so I never get bored.
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm lost without it :P
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer music during cardio.... buuuut today I forgot my earbuds. Still did my workout. I blissed out to the random sounds of the gym (I work out on a military base, so our fieldhouse - a huge repurposed hangar - has b-ball, volleyball, tennis, racquetball, indoor soccer, and crossfitters all making interesting sounds.) During my run on the track around the gym, I focused on subtle sounds like steadying my breathing and trying to soften my footstrike. So, music is great, but sometimes not having it is a nice change, too...
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so I can't forget my music. Most days I go with SXM Radio Margaritaville or Outlaw Country. Tonight at work I noticed that Spotify had several workout playlist on their front page. I didn't try any of them though.
  • KatVarley
    KatVarley Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will turn around to retrieve it before starting.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yup, music is a must unless I'm walking. Then I like to take in the sounds of spring like birds and lawn mowers since I've been trapped by the snow for so long!!
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can use a treadmill or an elipitcal trainer without my music ( will watch TV instead), but NO WAY can i go for a run or use the rowing machine without my music!!
    It helps me with tempo and makes my time go by faster. AND I don't think about the crap that happened before i got to the gym. Thats my favorite part.
  • JL2121
    JL2121 Posts: 16
    Options
    For me, forgetting my ipod would be equivalent to showing up to the gym wearing a suit and tie... I've literally turned around and drove home. I prob depend on music too much. Which makes me wonder how did ppl workout in the 70 's and 80's??? Lol :D
  • Lindsayryk
    Lindsayryk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my music! Love Lola Montez by volbeats. Makes me feel pretty. And of course for those "want to binge moments" there is always Ana's song by silverchair. Twisted huh?
  • JL2121
    Options
    LOL!!! Binge Moments...
  • Lindsayryk
    Options
    So serious! I'm like, dang my phones gonna die (no music) . Can't go run now. But how sick is it that I can channel a mans struggle with anorexia so that I won't over eat? O well, if it works it works.
  • JL2121
    Options
    Whatever works is exactly right. I have "pre-gym rituals" that can make or break my entire workout.
  • 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!! i listen to rob bailey when i workout, it helps out alot, and i download alot of motivational mixes as well to listen to when i lift
  • Lindsayryk
    Options
    Not sure who rob bailey is, but I love rob zombie.
  • mortalkowgirl
    mortalkowgirl Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I too will not work out without music. On my playlist? BOA, Paramore, Flyleaf, Korn, Eminem, Vs. The world, ETC ETC ETC...I could go on for days lol.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    For me, forgetting my ipod would be equivalent to showing up to the gym wearing a suit and tie... I've literally turned around and drove home. I prob depend on music too much. Which makes me wonder how did ppl workout in the 70 's and 80's??? Lol :D

a walkman or a ghettoblaster

am I showing my age? lol
  • govtrout
    govtrout Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to work out to music. Zumba is easy because the music is already there. When I'm walking or running and I have forgotten my phone there is just silence and I can't concentrate properly hence I will stop and start a lot more than striving to run until the chorus of the song has ended :)
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I've tried to workout when I don't have my iPod, but it usually results in a piss poor workout and me quitting early.
  • _AlabamaSlamma_
    Options
    My music goes EVERYWHERE I go (on my phone), however I've found my self without headphones at times, which really sucks. I can't say that I have elected not to workout because of it though.

@Lindsay - Rob Zombie is AWESOME workout music :happy:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    When I run I have to have music. Yes, I will go back to get my iPod if I forgot it when running. For some reason I think (in my mind) I run faster when I have my music.
    Guns N' roses
    Queen
    Dave Matthews
    Bruno mars
    Usher
    Marky Mark
    Kenny Chesney
    Eric Church
    Richard Marx
    Lil Wayne
    Carpeneters
    As you can see a little bit of everything.