Consistancy

Options
mfpchris
mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
I started MFP about 140 days ago, I'd I've logged in every day since.
Obsessive? I prefer to think of it as disciplined and committed to
reaching my goal.

Replies

• tatiana_13
    Options
    A little obsessive. But frankly, obsessive is what's needed for most of us to create new habits. Before I learned portion control, I was "obsessive" about measuring food and calories. Now, I've learned portion control, and its not necessary. But if I hadn't started out by being obsessive, I would have never gotten to this point.

Besides, there is such a thing as good obsessions. Modern people are generally "obsessed" about bathing everyday...most of us don't feel right if we don't shower, even though its not "necessary." However, when I'm sitting next to you on the bus, all up close and personal...I really appreciate that obsessiveness! Its only "a bad thing" if you feel like it is out of control or interfering with your life!
  • countjackula
    Options
    Obsessive is what the lazy call the dedicated/motivated. In my opinion, an "obsession" is only a /problem if it seeps into other area of your life in a negative way.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It is called "DEDICATION"
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I started MFP about 140 days ago, I'd I've logged in every day since.
    Obsessive? I prefer to think of it as disciplined and committed to
    reaching my goal.

There is nothing wrong with being a bit obsessive. Hopefully now you are obsessive with good food choices and exercise. We never realized before how much we were obsessed with junk food, eating out, poor choices, etc. I always know how obsessed I am with food when I made an extra trip to the grocery store or gas station for something I just HAD to have!

I weigh myself 3 times daily... in the morning (which is the one that counts), when I get home from work, and before bed.
    In the morning is the one that counts... when I get home from work its a check in (if its high it motivates me to reign it in if its low I actually tend to eat even less) and then just before bed (who know why).

Obsessive... sure... but it works for me! :)
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not obsessive! I want to be able to reach the point that I can say I have logged on for 140+ days. It will mean that I have followed thru and that I am still being accountable to myself. Hopefully it will also mean that I have made some changes in my life for the positive.
    I think its great that you have been so consistant. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Not obsessive, persistent! That's what it takes. That's what anything worthwhile takes!
  • mfpchris
    Options
    It is possible. Tell me where you are today? 1 day, 10 days, 99? It seems a good thing to bring some
    transparency to this process we are going through. If you tell me here the number of days,
    I'll be sending you good wishes, and anxious to here reports down the line. Even if they
    are that due to circumstances your streak is back to 1 day. It happens. But I'll still be here
    wishing you well.
    Not obsessive! I want to be able to reach the point that I can say I have logged on for 140+ days. It will mean that I have followed thru and that I am still being accountable to myself. Hopefully it will also mean that I have made some changes in my life for the positive.
    I think its great that you have been so consistant. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • SweatpantsHematoma
    Options
    I think that's fantastic. I wish I could be that consistent. What has kept you going?
  • mfpchris
    Options
    What has kept me going is multifaceted. I've been trying to answer that question for
    myself. There are many things, but two are really prominent.

I had heard that Weight Watchers is the *best* commercial program. I didn't
    join WW, but I tried to breakdown what it is they do. I came up with
    "WW Points" is just a simplified form of calorie counting. And, the meetings
    and weigh-ins are peer support (or peer pressure). So I figured out a
    way to have those two things, and they are working.

WW Points --> Food scale, myfitnesspal
    WW Meetings --> Peertrainer

At peertrainer we have a tight group of four people watching out for members to post their
    progress.I found all the tools I need to count calories (here) and have a small peer group
    to help hold me accountable and give advice and support (peertrainer)

So far, these two things together are working for me. In my interpretation
    of what works in WW.

BTW: I posted and asked if it was okay to mention Peertrainer
    in the "ask a question of the hosts" group and didn't hear
    anything. So, I'm mentioning it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!