Catching my brain up to my body! It is a bit stressing.

Options
So, I've lost about 75 pounds now and am getting closer to my goal. But I still get these moments when I think I haven't lost that much weight. This is usually when I am doing some new physical activity that I've failed at in the past or just plain out never experienced due to my weight. For example, I jumped into my friends water tank on his roof, but didn't think I'd be strong enough to hoist myself back out. About 2 weeks ago a friend picked me up over his shoulder and I was seriously anxious that he wouldn't be able lift me and I would fall and get hurt. Or when I was hiking there was a rope pull up and I didn't think I'd get over the edge.

I don't like the self doubt and usually its not a big problem, but these moments bother me. Because I'm not obese anymore and I think I deserve to be able to really enjoy being physical and not worry about it.

Did anyone else have time where they got anxious over new activity like this or doubt what they've accomplished. Sometimes I think my subconscious really still thinks I am this short fat girl still.

Tips?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose the weight, and how long were you obese before that? Old habits do die hard, and it will take a while to get used to the changes you've made. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you're able to shake it off after that "oh no!" moment, after you've had a chance to realize that you no longer have to worry about squashing your friend, or lifting yourself up. Those moments will be fewer and farther between as time passes.
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    Thats the thing.....I've been at this for about 2 1/2 years now. I began my journey at the same time as moving away from home to Asia. So it's taken a while to get in the groove of what is available and what isn't and even having a kitchen in order to cook my new healthier meals. So I feel like I should be a little more caught up than these moments make me feel.

But before I lost the weight I'd been overweight or obese pretty much since a child. I currently am smaller than I've been in about 14 years or so.
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    bump