Can never keep my sugars in control always go in the red..

Options
Even if everything else is in the green the sugars are always red, not by much but it seems to come from the fruit I eat. But I eat the fruit as part of my diet .. is this okay ?! Or am I doing something wrong.

Replies

• Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Don't worry about sugar, if you eat 5 fruits it will in the red. As long as your others are green and you workout don't worry how high your sugar says it is!
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm not able to stick with the sugars suggested by MFP either...
    A bit of fruit, a bit of pasta, half a tbs of honey and it's red. Every day.

And I lose consistently. :)

Don't bother too much, if you are satisfied with your losses, it is ok. MFP suggestions are.. suggestions. They helped me, yes, and I have a look at what I'm doing with my macro -carbs etc- but... well... they are not strict rules :)
    Don't exaggerate, and you will be ok!
  • ScattyMinx
    Options
    Ok thanks, yes I am losing still and on the bike everyday. I just was concerned by it being red.
  • blovesit
    blovesit Posts: 20
    Options
    I have this problem too - in fact it puts me off eating fruit...and surely thats not right!?
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You can manually adjust your sugar goal to a higher number. Then it always stays green. Well almost always :tongue:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting your calorie target then don't sweat it.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, fruit comes up with high sugar but I have been consistent with my weight loss and am not giving up the fruit. You'll be fine!!
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The macro ratios are guidelines, not rules. You want to be within spitting distance but hitting them exactly every time isn't a big deal.
  • ScattyMinx
    Options
    Ok thanks all, panic over.

^_^ x
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have removed the sugar tracker from my diary.
    I simply track Carbs, Fat and Protein.

Think of the Sugar tracker as being for added sugar.
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and as others have said, since it mostly comes from fruit I decided not to stress about it too much. I wouldn't worry unless you're going to Marocco's and eating tons of their delicious ice cream every day.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The default sugar amount is incredibly low. And you're tracking carbs anyway, so unless you need to medically, there's no need to track your sugar. I removed mine and added in fibre instead - much more important to track (for me).

Anyway, unless there's a medical need, don't sweat the sugar. :wink:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that you need to track your sugar, I wouldn't bother tracking it.
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The default sugar amount is incredibly low. And you're tracking carbs anyway, so unless you need to medically, there's no need to track your sugar. I removed mine and added in fibre instead - much more important to track (for me).

Anyway, unless there's a medical need, don't sweat the sugar. :wink:

Nice idea!
  • ScattyMinx
    Options
    I guess with me having IBS tracking my fibre would be a good idea...