All the single ladies hopeful of meeting "the one" someday!

Options
I am looking for some hard working single gals with positive attitudes to become pals with! I am 28, single, and have no children. My dream is to have a family someday and I am trying to be optimistic that it will still happen! I know that before anyone can love me, I have to love myself. So here I am, ready to start my new journey! Please join me.

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend :)

I'm in the same boat as you, single, working, and ready to start a new journey!

L.
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Me too! I have an 8 year old daughter but dream of a real family for both her and I. I am ready to start and finish it this time!
  • melmi20
    melmi20 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Random, but....I toally heard Beyonce's song in my head when I first read your post, LOL! :laugh:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    man i'd love to be 28 again. have fun along the way! :)
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat as you! Except I have been divorced before. I did not have a good outlook on life or myself, so I got married, because I thought that is all I deserve! I came to realize I am worth so much more and want to lose weight to help myself feel confident in my skin and not be emberassed when I do meet the one! I added you! :happy:
  • lizzy755
    Options
    Ditto. I've added you :)
  • HeatherBunnell
    Options
    Random, but....I toally heard Beyonce's song in my head when I first read your post, LOL! :laugh:

And now that you've said that, it's stuck in my head!! lol
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Oh man that song is so stuck in my head too now lol. I too am single and have no children. I work and am in grad school and it seems as though all the people I surround myself with are in longterm relationships or are engaged.

I totally agree that you must love yourself before others can love you, and I prove that to be true as I jump (and settle!) from one bad relationship to the next!

I'll send you a friend request :)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, been divorced for over 10 years now and still unsure whether I want to be a 'significant other'. I'd love to be like my dad ( he courted my step-mum for 14 years before they married ), but I need to be a lot more confident in myself and, for me, weight-loss and healthiness is my way forward.
    I have 2 beautiful girlies, who are growing up VERY quickly, and I don't want to be 'on my own' when they leave.

With the weight-loss I've made so far, I'm feeling a lot more confident so here's hoping!!!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Same boat, lost a friend who something was going to happen with cause he was 'sick of waiting' so figure, if he cant wait while I have more important things going on which he knew about anyway, then its not worth it!

Pity to lose a great friend but, maybe the whole almost a new year is having an influence and im clearing my life out (a bit like my wardrobe atm!)

Gonna add ya girlie
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I guess all the single guys need not apply. sad2.gif

...umm not me. My gf already commented in this thread.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 29, single, no kids...tired of meeting rejects :love:

Sending a friend request
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did have Beyonce stuck in my head when I wrote the posting.

I don't like to feel like I need to overcompensate for one of my shortcomings or "flaws" - being overweight. I want to gain back control and feel better about myself so I can send that positive energy out there and meet someone who loves me for me! We can do it! :-)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, no kids but not so single! I'm still lacking the confidence I need. I'm a work in progress! :drinker:

To all the beautiful ladies! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm single, I have a ten month old baby and I'm 40 lbs from my goal weight, or pre-pregnancy weight. Oh, I just turned 21 also.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I guess all the single guys need not apply. sad2.gif

...umm not me. My gf already commented in this thread.
    :smooched:

yes ladies....this is the kind of guy you hold out for :) He's the bestest :heart: