Breakfast

Options
I'm having trouble finding breakfasts!
I normally eat a small bowl of cereal or scrambled eggs. I can't find anything thats quick and easy, since I work as a 911 operator.
Any tips are always appreciated!

Replies

• benbidder
    Options
    My breakfast used to be my biggest meal of the day and I would taper from there. I would eat a protein shake that consisted of 1/2 a banana, 5 strawberries, some blueberries, 1/2c nonfat yogurt, 1/4c oj, 1Tbsp flax seed and one scoop of protein powder. I would eat that along with a light english muffin with a little brummel and brown as well as a bunch of ground cinnamon. It would keep me full for about six hours. :)
    Now, I am trying to eat every three hours, so I changed my morning meal to just a scoop of protein powder with 1/2C water and 1/2C almond milk. One half of the english muffin with brummel and brown and cinnamon. Then, I am ready to eat again in three hours for a snack. :)
    Good luck!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Fat free light yogurt is always good, even better if it's fat free plain Greek yogurt mixed w/ fresh fruit. I also eat the Fiber Plus bars which are 120 calories but are fairly filling. I usually eat them as a pair giving me a bit under around 230 calories for breakfast and it's fast and nutritious.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It only takes me 5 min to make oatmeal in the morning (old-fashioned oats).
    I add raisins and 1 T. of honey. Lately i have been sprinkling some cinnamon on too. YUMMY!!!
    And so nice on cold mornings!
    I eat this almost everyday....even weekends. I have scrambled eggs and toast (healthy life 35 calorie/slice) maybe once a week to change it up.
    you can add different things to the oatmeal other than the raisins. Craisins are good too. I have sliced banana too and added.
    I'm kinda stuck in a rut with the oatmeal, but i love it and it helps keep my cholesterol down too! : )
  • nilisabel
    Options
    granola bar and coffee
  • whalenmich7295
    whalenmich7295 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im guilty of the same thing (Cerial every morning). But when i sit down and think about it, as long as it is healthy and homemade i go for it!. try switiching to granola with yogurt. and spruce up the scrambled eggs by adding some mushrooms, sweet potatos, tomatos, and other goodness.

I tend to stay away from the shakes, they dont really help out with it comes to hunger levels. instead go for more solid foods like a HEALTHY meal replacement bar that is chewy (like the ones those meat-heads eat at the gym eat while pumping iron)... they'll leave a brick in your stomach for a good protion of the day. also high in fiber, lots of fruit (no juice), and mono fats are all good ideas.
  • dlubold3
    dlubold3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! This will all help! Ive never had oatmeal in my life, but I'm going to buy some when I leave the gym tonight! :)
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love protein bars/EAS shakes and I need you to show me how you did your signature.
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    I package of plain oatmeal made with water, add 1 tsp. of natural peanut butter and I have a protein drink made with water (I use Dymatize ISO-100 Chocolate flavor). If I am really in hurry just add some of protein powder to my oatmeal.