Does anyone use the HIIT method?

mysteryfoxes
mysteryfoxes Posts: 101
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been reading up on some different aerobic exercises, and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) came across several articles.

I am just curious if anyone uses it/has used it, and what were your results? I'm looking to burn fat off of my legs and hips, so I'm sure any amount of running will have positive effects (if I only enjoyed running often *sigh*).

Thanks! :)

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I use HIIT in the Insanity workouts that I do. My lower abs, hips, and legs have slimmed down very well from it.
  • I do a speed training day on my running program and I definitely feel like it burns the most fat. Once a week I do 1 of 4 intervals.
    week one is 1/4 mile intervals with 1 minute rest (10-12 sets)
    week two is1/2 mile intervals with 1 minte 30 second rest (6-8 sets)
    week three is 3/4 mile intervals with 1 minute 45 second rest (4-5 sets)
    week four is 1 mile intervals with 2 minute rest (3-4 sets)

*I mix these up and don't do the same order each time.
  • Daira
    Daira Posts: 1
    Hi,

If you don`t enjoy running I would strongly recomend you to try high intensity boot camp class! I am a personal fitness trainer and I know this will bring you results. If you live in Washington DC area,I will be more than happy to meet with you and help out! Let me know what do you think I and I can maybe set up a workout for you to try by yourself.

Best,
    D
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Hi,

If you don`t enjoy running I would strongly recomend you to try high intensity boot camp class! I am a personal fitness trainer and I know this will bring you results. If you live in Washington DC area,I will be more than happy to meet with you and help out! Let me know what do you think I and I can maybe set up a workout for you to try by yourself.

Best,
    D
    w00t! spam1.gif alert
  • Hi,

Best,
    D
    w00t! spam1.gif alert

:laugh:
  • HIIT is my preference when it comes to cardio because it's quicker and better for what my goals are (i.e., preserving lean muscle and maintaining aerobic conditioning). The downside is that HIIT is much, much harder on your joints and therefore your diet, rest, and exercise routines have to take that into account.
This discussion has been closed.