This time is really it - no I mean it!!!

Options
Hey all!! I am a 39 year old mother of 4 with 72 pounds to lose. I am the queen of roller coaster weight loss and giving up just to start again just to give up. I always do very well until I have a life change and then that is it for me. I do just fine with exercise, but my eating is my downfall. I love food. I love beer and wine,. I love going out to eat. I am also an emotional eater. We just moved our family across the country and during the 4 month transition period I managed to put on 33 pounds. I am at rock bottom I think...or rock top:-/ I am really ready to get this weight off and be healthier for not only myself, but for my family too!

Anyway, I find I do much better with MFP and having friends to hold me accountable or motivate me while I do the same for you helps keep me on track. So please feel free to add me:-)

Replies

• chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well then you're lucky you found me!!! I'm in the same situation right now, so let's stick together and rock it!!! :laugh:
  • plover23
    plover23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to MFP and like you I am determined to lose the weight I've put on...my aim is to lose 2 stone and have been really struggling to shake the sugar cravings! I am a bridesmaid in a few months and am desperate to look my best, so any help you can offer me (and I can offer you!) would be fantastic - we can do it!
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've been on this site for a while and am working on my last 10 or so pounds. Would love to have both of you join me. I'm good at letting you know what worded for me...we all have different ideas. You CAN do this with support and the willingness to never give up!!!
  • partyhat65
    partyhat65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    * i just realized how long this is... sorry for rambling.

hi,

i am new to mfp too. so far i love the way that you can chart everything. not to date myself but i used to use something called a "filofax" to chart what i ate and how much i worked out. yes, i am old ; )

i am in my 40's and i have been struggling my whole life with weight. my mom had anorexia when she was young {they did not even have a name for it yet} and she put me on my first diet when i was 8.

i was somehow able to keep my weight down {through starvation, basically} throughout my teens, 20's and early 30's. then i went away to grad school and dropped the ball. since then i have just been going up and down, but never getting to my goal.

i have gained some wisdom along the way that maybe i can share with the younger people on here. i have always lost weight for a reason other than just to be healthy, an event, a trip, etc. then as soon as i got off the strict diet i was on that time around, i started eating the way that i did before.

this time around i am looking at it from more of a longterm perspective. i am actually eating 1600 calories which is more than i ever ate on a diet before. i know it will be slower but i figure the slower i take it off, the less likely it will be go back on.

i wish everyone here success.
  • mandy5135
    mandy5135 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • akbolty
    akbolty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the title of this topic....and I too mean it and have to make this happen for ME this time.

I am what you call a career dieter. I have probably lost as many pounds in my life as I weigh...at least. I just keep losing the same weight over and over, because I also keep gaining it.

I have been staying on track using another on line program (TLS weight loss), but am really not happy with their web app or their phone app, so I decided to start using MFP again. I have also just joined a 12 week Facebook weight loss challenge so I am really looking to use multiple tools to make this happen.

Having support thru MFP will definitely be a help to me.

Since Jan 20th I've lost about 13 lbs....very slow going, but I also know that I have not been working as hard at it as I could.

Anyway, I would love to support each other on this journey to healthy weight loss.

Good luck to everyone!
  • sheskimtastic
    Options
    I'll add you. I love having motivating and accountable friends. Good luck!

I'm the same way. I've used MFP on and off for years and tried everything under the sun. It's about a lifestyle change this time.
  • kawether88
    Options
    I feel the same way! The topic got me!!! I am a late 40 something who has decided that I mean it and it is finally my time now. With grown children and my career I used every excuse of why I didn't have time and kept packing on the pounds. It took a visit to my GYN to have my Ah-ha moment. My highest weight ever! The next day I started with the Atikins diet for 1 month, lost 10 pounds then joined a 12 week weight loss challenge in my town, which included a Free Fit Camp 3 nights a week. The pounds and inches began dropping!!! I also met some of the best people!!!! I placed second in the challenge much to my surprise. 2 challenges later I am almost down 30 pounds from that day in June of 2013. Slowly but surely I am doing it, for me and no one else. I haven't felt this good about my self. I have a long way to go 50 + pounds to go. I will get there!!! So will you. Let's do it together this time really-- I mean it!!!!!:smile:
  • dontquitcarla
    dontquitcarla Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request :)
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm working on going from 221 to a 150 goal too. I'll add you :)
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    FR sent :smile: