Any nurses or nursing students??? Looking for support

Options
I am a first year Nursing student, and I desperately want to become a Nurse. I just got my feedback and mark back from my first University assignment and was shocked at how badly I did, I thought I wrote a really good essay. So I guess what I am looking for is... a moment of truth... is it possible to pass Uni if I buckle down and work my butt off? Or are some people destined to be working in fast food forever?

Looking for some support, motivation, hope and a kick up the butt.

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I had to take my NYS nursing boards 4 times until I passed. I have been a nurse for 34 years+. I even went back and got my BSN and graduated at the top of my class when I was 40 years old. If I had to I would do it all over again. I love nursing it offers so many opportunities.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    O I forgot add me as a friend if you want. Have a great day.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Nursing is a wonderful profession. I have been a nurse for only 17 years and have never regretted that decision.
    Get some feedback from the instructor on how/why you did poorly. They should have some study groups - at least when I was in Nursing School we had small groups going. Ask help from your fellow students.
    If this is something you really want, then don't let anything get in your way. It is hard, it is challenging, but the satisfaction you get from your professions is worth it all.
    Good luck to you!

Add me as a friend if you would like, I'm rooting for you!