Ive got fat knees!

Options
Ok, so dont laugh :laugh:

Im losing weight steadily on 5:2, have just started to exercise with walking and a little bit of strength training using a kettlebell, all seems to be going really well. My problem is, I have fat knees! Mostly on the inside. Im going on holiday in September and would like to wear some nice dresses, Do any of you guys have any tips for toning this area?

Thanks

Replies

• iluvmpiche
    Options
    Oh dear, I know how you feel. I hope somebody has a good tip, because mine have ALWAYS been fat. Always. Even if I'm stick thin, my knees are chubby. I was told that it's just my body type. Dunno if it's changeable. No amount of cardio or strength training has ever changed it, so I just accept my squishy knees.

BUT if somebody has any suggestions, I'm listening.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    As am I!
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I hear you - fat knees and fat thighs here.
    I'm running and cycling and not really seeing any change (but my calves are like rocks!). To be honest it might be one of those things. Unless you have almost no body fat those parts of your body are going to be a bit pudgy.

I find I'm caring less about my pudgy knees these days - I wear short skirts and summer dresses quite a lot. I'm the only one who seems to notice/be bothered by my legs.

Then again, maybe some one here will be able to suggest something.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Fat...knees. I see.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    And if you lost all the troublesome fat on your knees, someone would criticize you for having sharp knees.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sharp knees

Well, for the record, you can't spot-reduce, so if you want to lose the chub, it's just a matter of lowering your body fat percentage. If you're already skeletal everywhere else, I suppose there's always lipo.

Or, you could just accept that your body will never be perfect.
  • janjanorama
    janjanorama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Snap! I once lost 30 lbs, and my knees were still fat!
    they'll never be any other way, I've accepted it, and wear dresses/ skirts every day (just nothing that stops right at the knee that would highlight them) besides Beyoncé has fat knees and she's fab!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Show us these fat knees of yours...I bet they're not fat at all!
  • lunapetu0311
    Options
    I have chubby knees too - even when I have been very thin all over, my knees remained chubby. I also have, what I think are, chubby calves.

I have considered getting liposuction on my knees and calves :tongue:

But I've learned to ignore them and wear my skirts and shorts anyways! Good luck!:heart:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Show us these fat knees of yours...I bet they're not fat at all!

This was my first thought after reading the OP.

Just because:

You can't spot reduce. Lower your body fat % and your 'fat knees' would become... less fat.
  • HazeyBlue69
    Options
    Ha ha ha I'm not showing you my knees, its tea time :laugh:

But seriously, thanks for the replies. I just want to look ok in leggings, or wear a nice dress that's not maxi. I have a Callanetics book that has some good leg exercises in, time to dust that off I think.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha I'm not showing you my knees, its tea time :laugh:

But seriously, thanks for the replies. I just want to look ok in leggings, or wear a nice dress that's not maxi. I have a Callanetics book that has some good leg exercises in, time to dust that off I think.
    Why? It won't accomplish shrinking your knees any more than deadlifting, sprinting, crunches or eating somewhat fewer calories.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    lol ^.^ well..

since you can't spot reduce, aside from losing more fat I think actually building some leg muscle would help with improved shape and probably balance out the look of your knees if that makes sense