Evening Snackers?

Options
13»

Replies

• scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I plan the evening snack into my daily calorie plan. I usually have 150 to 300 calories available for a snack after dinner. What I have depends on the calories available and where my macros sit for the day.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    A good part of my cals is evening snacks. On high cal days, it is all mainly snacks. Depending on when I eat dinner, depends on how much I need at night. I am going to try to limit my snacks and try for better snacks. I want to give more cals to other meals, but I can not cut out my snacks. :(

Good luck to you!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the tips, and hearing about people in the same boat as me! I made it through night #2 with no snacks after supper, even though again, the phantom hunger pains started right after my 700+ calorie meal lol. I netted 1600 so I feel like yesterday was a victory :D so I'm pretty proud of myself! I'm hoping after this week I can do the healthy substitution thing and it won't cause a backslide, something like a light hot chocolate (I actually hate tea, don't take my British citizenship away lol), or carrots and hummus.

I hope you ladies with the same struggles are doing well? :D
  • iluvmpiche
    Options
    I find that changing your habits is the best thing. When I watched TV or played games I would munch on waaaaay to much. So I made it a rule to eat ONLY at the dinner table. No food in other rooms, which was a rule for me when I was a messy little kid. Instead, I'll just have tea or coffee (black) or water. No more mindless munching and extra calories. :)
  • BrigitteAube
    BrigitteAube Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find the easiest thing for me to is allow myself extra calories since I know I will be snacking later in the evening. However, I know that I'm usually not even in hungry and it's just out of force of habit/boredom/random emotions... This is probably my biggest struggle in trying to lose weight and be healthy. I feel that if I can finally curb this bad habit it will make other aspects of my fitness goal easier to attain.

So in a nutshell, try leaving yourself some extra calories for a small snack later in the evening and work towards healthier snacks and then none at all. Cold turkey might be too rough.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Tonight's plan went kind of pear-shaped, but I will prevail! My husband got home early and had to leave early to go train for his second job, so I hastily made supper and we ate at 4pm. So I KNOW I won't make it 6-7 hours until he gets home and we go to bed. So I skipped my mid-afternoon snack and I'll have it at around 7pm (yesterday I had my snack at 4 and supper at 7, so it works out).

I don't know if it's technically cheating, but I am happy that I'm staying in control! And the gallon of ice cream in the freezer is still relatively untouched (usually it'd be GONE by now. Gone.)

I agree I will definitely start allotting calories for an evening snack after this week (maybe instead of my afternoon one... I don't need that many snacks per day), but I feel like cold turkey is the only way I can really break this demon's back so that I won't feel the compulsion to OVER eat at night any more. Plus, now that I've set a goal I'd hate to abandon it. So here's to being almost 3/7ths of the way through this week!