New from the UK

Hey, I've just signed up as I've started a mainly plant-based diet and have been finding it hard to monitor calorie intake.

Great app and people here seem really supportive and friendly so far :)

Replies

• Frinkiac
    Frinkiac Posts: 19
    I can't help with the vegan part of things but I know there are quite a few around on the boards.
    Welcome to MFP from a UK'er too. :)

Good luck with your dieting/fitness.
  • Thank you!
  • I'm new and from the UK too, where abouts are you?
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    hey you two, im from down south in Kent
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Welcome from shropshire lass
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Hello! I am not from the UK - I am from the USA - but my hubby is from Shropshire. We live in Denmark and we pop over to the UK all the time. I am mainly vegetarian and I used to be vegan, so if you have any questions or need any tips about recipes or anything, let me know! It is almost impossible to be veggie here in DK without going hungry at restaurants and friends' houses, but we are moving back to the UK and it will be easier there. Welcome and good luck! If you stick to MFP it WILL WORK!
  • Ah you get all the lovely weather in Kent, lucky you!

I live in Newcastle but born and raised in Manchester, I'm a manc by heart :)
  • siport
    Ah you get all the lovely weather in Kent, lucky you!

my old man was born and bread in bolton, and the rest of my family still live there. i love going up to see them :-)
  • Ah you get all the lovely weather in Kent, lucky you!

my old man was born and bread in bolton, and the rest of my family still live there. i love going up to see them :-)

Bolton is lovely, I hope it stays sunny for you. I'm sure you know what Manchester is like for rain...
  • LauraJane2407
    LauraJane2407 Posts: 13 Member
    Always looking for new UK based friends. I'm currently living in Glasgow.
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Welcome from a vegetarian who lives in Kent :)
  • siport
    kent too :-)
  • gregholmes1974
    gregholmes1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Hello from sunny Torquay
  • hollymoyse
    hollymoyse Posts: 3 Member
    Hello from London. I am not vegan/vegetarian but always nice to meet UK'ers on here. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • juekes
    juekes Posts: 12 Member
    Hello from North Wales and welcome to MFP, feel free to add me.
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    kent too :-)
    Where about's in Kent? Beautiful day.