Targeting Belly band things?

Options
Has anyone here actually used the Gold's Gym belly band things? Apparantly they're supposed to target certain areas and I wasn't sure if they were legit or not. Since I'm brainstorming ways to kinda power-cise certain areas I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had input on this, or if you can suggest anything similar that may work better.

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    what is a belly band? lol

is it like a slendertone that uses electrical impulses to tighten stomach muscles or something else?
  • jmgodish24
    Options
    No as far as I can tell from the walmart website, it's like a neoprene sweatband sort of thing you can wrap around your waist or a target area to make it sweat more during your workout
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I had one and I didn't like it. If you can stand to wear it, more for you, it probably would make you sweat, but those won't make you lose weight any more than you would just exercising normally.
  • countjackula
    Options
    Is it something like this? (Google search)

http://www.bellybandit.com/index.aspx

There's nothing that I see on the site that suggests it works for strengthening the core or reducing bodyfat. In either case, you can't spot reduce fat in your body to any significant degree so causing your waist to "sweat more" during a workout doesn't accomplish anything. Sweatsuits (the ones that look like garbage bags) only serve one real purpose: reducing your WATER weight by forcing you to sweat more... it's good if you're trying to make weight as a wrestler. It's bad, and unhealthy, if you're trying to get in better shape.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Sweating doesn't do anything but dehydrate you. It certainly doesn't burn fat or strengthen muscle. If that's all that they're supposed to do, I'ld avoid them. Sounds like one of those miracle weight loss products that promises to build muscle and burn fat, but all it really does is seperate you from your money. I'ld advise you to stick with counting calories and exercising on a regular basis, including both cardio and strength training.
  • jmgodish24
    Options
    I thought so, I just wasn't sure. I'm trying to lose real weight so I guess it's not for me.
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I only used that band, after i gave birth, it kept my belly in place until i was cleared for exercise. The other bands that they sell for this purpose didnt seem to work.