how long to drink protein after shaking it.

Options
sonuyos
sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
Guys how long do I have to drink the protein shake after shaking it??

Like I usually shake it and drink after 1hr of workout...till then it is stale in my bag....is that fine??

Replies

• ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    You should drink your protein shake within 30 minutes of lifting weights but waiting isn't treatcherous. Unless you
    are using milk which would go bad, there isn't a time limit on the time between mixing the shake and drinking it, but why not drink it?
  • RhysJ13
    RhysJ13 Posts: 72
    Options
    I usually drink it within 5-10 minutes of shaking/mixing.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Usually I drink mine right after my workout
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I think he's asking not when you *should* drink it for the best benefit for your body, but does that shake go *bad*.

For instance I make a soothie every morning in a large blender, I have half one day and the other half the next day (refrigerated then re-blended) for breakfast.

I haven't heard anywhere that the contents will/may go bad in any way and I haven't had any side effects I've noticed that may indicate that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't mix mine till I'm ready to drink- those little salad dressing tupperwear things- they fit one scoop of powder perfectly- I don't drink with water- only milk- so I mix when I'm ready to drink it.

I just don't like remixing- same with smoothies- I hate the separation it grosses me out- but it's totally fine and you won't die.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It's fine if you let it sit. You may want to shake it a bit before drinking but it won't go bad.

I mix mine right before drinking but occasionally if I can't finish the shake I'll leave it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight and it's fine.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I find if I mix my protein shake before my workout (maybe an hour before drinking it?) then the protein powder has dissolved better to be completely smooth and won't be gritty or weird. Also I don't usually have the effort left in my arms to shake it up after the workout is over :p