Skipping lunch

Options
I'm never hungry at lunch time so I often skip it, would it be ok to skip lunch and eat back the calories at night? For example I may need 20-30 more grams of protein so could I make like a chicken sandwich at night with a yogurt or something?

Replies

• Scottmufcrvp1
    Scottmufcrvp1 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?
    I don't know, some people say it's bad to eat before bed
  • HauteLlama
    HauteLlama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would look up some research on Intermittent Fasting. You might find solace there. Good Luck. x
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to skip the most important meal of the day...breakfast!! And I turned out just fine :-) If you aren't hungry at lunch time perhaps just have some veggies or some fruit?
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Meal timing and meal frequency, outside of concerns for athletic performance, schedule conflicts, and/or dietary/bodily concerns are irrelevant. Just get your calories in.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry at lunch time so I often skip it, would it be ok to skip lunch and eat back the calories at night? For example I may need 20-30 more grams of protein so could I make like a chicken sandwich at night with a yogurt or something?

Yes, that's fine.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?

some people are stupid.

I don't eat till 2 PM and then have about 5-700 calories by 430 and then go workout and eat 500+ at night.

I'm still fine.
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Scottmufcrvp1 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you all, I prefer eating at night while watching tv, normally a sandwich glass of milk and yogurt :)
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I almost never eat lunch. In the morning, I drink Glucose Control Boost at about 9:30, then a bit later, a breakfast of egg whites scrambled in olive oil, tosted Ezekiel Bread and half-sugar O.J. (diluted, basically.)

And then I continue with my (computer, at home) work and eat dinner at 5 PM. Usually Angel Hair pasta with children and fresh tomatoes sautéed in EVOO with garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. I try to add steamed and sautéed green veggies to that as much as I can.

If I exercised during the day, I have a cookie (no refined sugar, usually) and some pistachios with a movie in the evening. I try to exercise three times a week. Nothing massive. A little cardio for 20 minutes is enough. That and housework and other chores seem to get me clear past "lunch."

I try to hydrate, and I drink both ginger tea and decaf green tea throughout the day.

Just before sleeping, I have two soda crackers and one glass of Lactaid fat-free milk.

Works for me. I have no hunger for "lunch." Maybe the Glucose Control Boost helps in the morning.I don't know.

I don't think it's a problem and no doctor has said it was. I asked. My only problem is I need more sleep, not more lunch. :)

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    rjm
    P.S. -- It's much too late! Good night. You should be fine without lunch, but do check with your doctor.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?

Don't listen to them. I work out in the evening and eat in the evening after working out and don't have any weight problems. As long as you are eating the amount of calories that your body needs it doesn't matter what time of day you eat.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?

Well, for me it's bad in the sense that if I eat late and jump into bed, I'll get heartburn... but it doesn't affect my weight loss. And I'll just take some Tums or something and I'm fine. LOL! :drinker:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine at night because I sleep better when I'm full. Hasn't hindered my loss at all.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Eat at night! I've had upwards of 1k calories in Talenti before bed. ;) I got to goal and beyond okay, I think... *checks to make sure not gremlin*
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    If that's what you wanna do. On weekends I sometimes do that when I sleep in. I'll eat breakfast and won't eat again until dinner... But then I guess my breakfast is more like lunch in that case.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?

I think I eat straight up until I fall asleep. I lost 25 lbs and it was delicious and fun.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    If I skip a meal, I am usually off my "feed" for the rest of the day.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    robinmarkz wrote: »
    I almost never eat lunch. In the morning, I drink Glucose Control Boost at about 9:30, then a bit later, a breakfast of egg whites scrambled in olive oil, tosted Ezekiel Bread and half-sugar O.J. (diluted, basically.)

And then I continue with my (computer, at home) work and eat dinner at 5 PM. Usually Angel Hair pasta with children and fresh tomatoes sautéed in EVOO with garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. I try to add steamed and sautéed green veggies to that as much as I can.

If I exercised during the day, I have a cookie (no refined sugar, usually) and some pistachios with a movie in the evening. I try to exercise three times a week. Nothing massive. A little cardio for 20 minutes is enough. That and housework and other chores seem to get me clear past "lunch."

I try to hydrate, and I drink both ginger tea and decaf green tea throughout the day.

Just before sleeping, I have two soda crackers and one glass of Lactaid fat-free milk.

Works for me. I have no hunger for "lunch." Maybe the Glucose Control Boost helps in the morning.I don't know.

I don't think it's a problem and no doctor has said it was. I asked. My only problem is I need more sleep, not more lunch. :)

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    rjm
    P.S. -- It's much too late! Good night. You should be fine without lunch, but do check with your doctor.

Please don't eat children, no matter how tender they look.
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OMG! It was late. I'm on a phone: autocomplete!

ROFL!

Thanks. Will edit! Oh gosh. Seems like you only have an hour to edit. Oops.

Definitely won't do that! Not good with olive oil!