First time in forums

Options
Hi! My name is Paola, or Polly. I've been using myfitness pal for years, but have never used the forums. I've actually gained a lot more weight than I've lost.
There was a period last year when I had lost 20 lbs, but when I hit a plateau I lost hope, and now I have gained those twenty lbs back, plus another 20.
I've decided that I can't keep doing that. It's depressing.
Ok. It depresses me, and if I'm not happy, then I have to get moving (literally) to get to a point where I feel comfortable in my skin.

I've heard it helps to have a goal to keep your eyes on, so here goes:
I'm going to Disney World in June, so I want to lose at least 10 lbs by then.
Then I'm going again in December, by which point I hope to have lost 40 lbs.
My reasoning is: I gotta look good in the pictures. lol

Well thanks for reading. I think it'll motivate me to have it written down. :)

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals!

I find it helps me to also set fitness goals. Increase speed, endurance, strength, whatever. The scale can be so frustrating at times, but if I'm increasing my fitness then I know I'm getting better even when the scale refuses to show it.

And take measurements! These are most important for those times when the scale is not moving. Weighing less is great, but getting smaller is awesome!
  • clpolly
    clpolly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Measuring. Great advice! As scary as it sounds now, you're right.
    Thanks!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Stay focused on your goals and remember the feelings you have right now.....just keep moving forward.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    remember to log your food...I don't eat enough calories during the day and I am trying to eat more..that may be your issue...I know it sounds crazy but you have to eat enough calories to lose weight...I know it doesn't compute but you have to eat enough so your body doesn't store fat...log everything and get on a treadmill or something to get moving.
  • MrsHuffmanNC
    MrsHuffmanNC Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree I come everyday, log the very best you can. I measure and weigh everything that goes in my mouth. If you want to add me I have an open diary for everyone to see.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good luck to you...looking good in pictures is more than enough reason to do this!!!!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome and happy to see you here. I think goals are a good idea. Keeps you motivated. People here are so helpful and have gotten so many ideas from this message board. Only the best to you...
  • Blueeyedgirl4
    Blueeyedgirl4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and to the forums, so you're not alone. I think you are going to do great with your goal. Maybe you could hang a picture of Disneyworld on your fridge to help keep you motivated. Please feel free to add me!