Hello Everyone!

Options
I'm excited to have found not only this tool but an active community.
A little about me: Grew up in the South, so lots of butter, bacon and salt dishes. I was very active through high school and then went into the tech sector for a career.

Lots of sitting behind a desk with a kitchen fully stocked with everything bad for me. I have noticed that I stress-eat, so during project time I graze all day on anything and everything from poptarts to pringles.
I'm going to be 38 years old and I have a lovely partner and a young son.
I have had a Y membership but don't find myself using it, and then a gym opened up downstairs in my building for work so I have started going there because it's the shortest route from bed to gym.
I would like to lose a little weight and feel better in my body. I would like to be a good example for my son as he gets older. I would like my partner to feel confident that I'm going to be around awhile. I would like to learn how to eat healthier in a way that isn't overwhelming, so I'm on the hunt for easy, simple recipes that taste good and are filling. I'm having a hard time finding foods that are high in protein and low in carbs/sugars, so any early morning pre-gym suggestions are welcome!

I'm in my second week of going to the gym and am excited to stay motivated and see some results.
Thanks

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :D there are lots of nice people on these forums but as well as a few rude ones. Don't be discouraged, we are all on the same boat! :D
  • mortalkowgirl
    mortalkowgirl Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! You are among friends!
  • billhilly1968
    billhilly1968 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me as we journey down the fitness road together.
  • kenshin00456
    kenshin00456 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck you got this!
  • 1972dragonfly
    Options
    HI! I'm new to the grou as of about 1 min ago but have been on a vegetarian diet for a couple decades and a keto diet for 6 months of the last year. As far as your preworkout quick food. I LOVE Premier Protein Shakes. They are really low carb, chocolate tastes FANTASTIC (only if you drink it cold, room temp not so much) I buy them at Sam's Club. They are one of the few low carb ones and they don't give me cramps like most shakes do. They are ready made so no shaker, no blender... just open and drink on your way down the stairs. Also, a few almonds are good.
  • boseeger
    boseeger Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow! What a nice reception!

Thank you for the kind words...

1972dragonfly -- Thank you for the tip. I will look into the shakes, and assuming they don't hold any strange sweeteners, I will give them a try.

Thanks again, everyone. Excited to see some progress... when does that happen? hahaha.