Frustrated!!!

Options
Ok so for the past 5 days I have been stuck at 218 and going up and down ounces but not seeing any solid weightloss! Staying under my calories, doing my best to choose healthy options and nothing!
Ok so it seems like I'm eating a lot of salt, lately..which would be what's in my food since I don't add any salt to it but I drink a lot of water and pee often. TMI but I haven't gone #2 for going on 3 days now, I know that could be another reason, and normally I'm normal but since I started this counting calories 3 weeks ago I haven't been normal in that way..any advice on that too? It's just upsetting to do so good and then check in the morning and I've gained ounces!!!!

Replies

• k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Try a fiber supplement! I use Metamucil Clear and Natural. You literally can add it right to your water and not taste anything. I even put it in my daughter's water once a day as we both have regulation issues. You also need water in your system to "move things along" and salt will cause you to hold water instead of letting it cleanse your body. Cut down on sodium and add some fiber!
  • breakyoface
    breakyoface Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, never had this problem before I changed my eating!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    5 days? Its annoying, I know, but you have to be patient. You won't see a good change every day on the scale. Some days it will even be up - but keep moving and trust that you'll get the results you want. If nothing in 3-4 weeks, then re-analyze.

As to the other... Eat more veggies. Aim for more natural than processed. Harder for our bodies to process the processed. :)
  • bobbiejof33
    Options
    Try weighing yourself once a week. Weighing daily can be good, but at the same horrifying. Our weight naturally fluctuates. Make sure you are also weighing at the same time everyday. If you do it before breakfast and naked one day, then after lunch in your daily clothes the next, you are going to see a difference.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I do see a lot of sodium. Try not to use lunch meats or packaged foods, they are usually loaded with sodium. This causes you to retain water and it shows up on the scale. Do not weigh more than once a week, and take measurements. Weight can fluctuate several pounds over several days.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    A week of stalling is not frustrating. Try months of stalling, then you will feel a whole lot better. Don't check the scale too much, it drives people crazy :)
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would say if it bothers you that much that you shouldnt weigh yourself all the time, once a week or wait even longer. Your weightloss is not going to just continue to go down everyday...
    I go through weeks of nothing at a time, but as you can see from my ticker that I have been successful. Be patient, it will come with time. I do agree with the sodium though, that definately doesnt help!
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You may just need a stool softener or 2/day to help get things moving along too.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of processed foods in your diary...lunch meat, cheese slices, all absolutely loaded with salt (aka sodium). Salt causes your body holds onto water.To overcome this, eat less salt and/or drink WAY more water. You should be getting at LEAST 8 glasses a day to flush all that salt out.

I also see a lot of "generic" logging - a tablespoon of this, a cup of that...it's likely you're underestimating your calories so weigh EVERYTHING!

...and I know you stirred up a frenzy on the boards yesterday about all those sweet and creamy coffees you're drinking!! If you've cut down on those coffees, it may be that your body is missing the caffeine and that could make you irregular. Drink plenty of water and chill out, 5 days is nothing.

ETA: I also don't see any condiments or cooking oil being logged in your diary. Log everything.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    About the not being "regular" part... Did you change what you ate significantly when you started counting calories? It may take your body a while to adjust. Also, different things work for different people, but you may be eating too little fat for your body. I discovered that if I got down to 35 grams or less of fat on a regular basis that my digestive system was not happy. You might consider changing your macros to get more of your calories from fat and protein and less from carbs.
  • heatheremde
    heatheremde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Two things:

I just lost a .8lb as of this morning after 3 weeks of no loss with enormous effort eating less and running 6x a week. So just relax and understand it is going to be a long journey, try to enjoy it.

Two, I have been taking Glucomannan fiber supplement, got it off amazon, for the past couple of months and it has regulated and made my life in the bathroom MUCH better than it has ever been in my entire life!!!!
  • breakyoface
    breakyoface Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of processed foods in your diary...lunch meat, cheese slices, all absolutely loaded with salt (aka sodium). Salt causes your body holds onto water.To overcome this, eat less salt and/or drink WAY more water. You should be getting at LEAST 8 glasses a day to flush all that salt out.

I also see a lot of "generic" logging - a tablespoon of this, a cup of that...it's likely you're underestimating your calories so weigh EVERYTHING!

...and I know you stirred up a frenzy on the boards yesterday about all those sweet and creamy coffees you're drinking!! If you've cut down on those coffees, it may be that your body is missing the caffeine and that could make you irregular. Drink plenty of water and chill out, 5 days is nothing.

ETA: I also don't see any condiments or cooking oil being logged in your diary. Log everything.

I log EVERYTHING..except butter spray which is the only thing I use to cook. No oils or butter or anything. When I log a tablespoon of salad dressing, I'm using a tablespoon to measure it out, a cup of mashed potatos or veggies, I use a cup.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You could probably re-read your other thread. The answer is probably in there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1251668-please-tell-me-what-i-m-doing-wrong-here