Spouse, SO's, others.... are they on your list?

Options
MeowSkull
MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
Curiosity Question: How many of you have your spouse, SO, GF/BF, family, etc. on your friends list? Or do you keep this as your own space? I currently only have a MFP friends and some real life friends but my husband is wanting to join MFP and wants to be "friends" :)

:bigsmile: I haven't decided yet!

Edited to add: Also, I'd be doing the logging for him, he just really wants it as reference. He won't stick with it if he's have to log it himself. I'm not sure how involved he'd get here but you never really know!

Replies

• siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    dont let that happen!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Deleted the husband. Kept the boy toy.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have all of them on my FL.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband is on my friends list here and FB. I have no reason not to have him on it. I also have to log his food. LOL
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    All my family people are overweight and unhealthy and does not wanna do anything about it. If they would I could add them, I don't mind. I honestly don't get why people mind. Are you afraid that your husband might see something he does not like, like you flirting with other guys on your wall or something?
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Deleted the husband. Kept the boy toy.

thumbs up for all the toy boys
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want your SO on your list? Unless you're doing something that you shouldn't be doing anyway and have something to hide then I can't see any reason not to.
  • MeowSkull
    Options
    Why would you not want your SO on your list? Unless you're doing something that you shouldn't be doing anyway and have something to hide then I can't see any reason not to.

No, nothing like that. MFP is just kind of a place for "ME" on my journey to healthy. I'm trying to figure out why I wouldn't want him here, but it's more like MFP is my "alone time" with it all. Not sure that makes sense.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Edited to add: Also, I'd be doing the logging for him, he just really wants it as reference. He won't stick with it if he's have to log it himself. I'm not sure how involved he'd get here but you never really know!

Are you also going to spoon feed him? Work out for him?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Two of my daughters are on my friend's list.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't on here and if he ever joined, it would mean a visit to the ER to make sure he was feeling OK since it's totally out of character for him to do that.

But if he did (and was perfectly healthy after all) I would add him.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You know your Spouce and SO are eventually going to find out about me, right?
  • MeowSkull
    Options
    All my family people are overweight and unhealthy and does not wanna do anything about it. If they would I could add them, I don't mind. I honestly don't get why people mind. Are you afraid that your husband might see something he does not like, like you flirting with other guys on your wall or something?

No, nothing like that. MFP is just kind of a place for "ME" on my journey to healthy. I'm trying to figure out why I wouldn't want him here, but it's more like MFP is my "alone time" with it all. Not sure that makes sense.

I let him read over my shoulder whenever he wants to, whether on the phone or at the computer....
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Curiosity Question: How many of you have your spouse, SO, GF/BF, family, etc. on your friends list? Or do you keep this as your own space? I currently only have a MFP friends and some real life friends but my husband is wanting to join MFP and wants to be "friends" :)

:bigsmile: I haven't decided yet!

I don't have anyone that I know IRL on MFP. I like it that way. I can be myself more here than anywhere. I most certainly would not put my husband on MFP. But it's not like he's likely to start working on his weight issues, anyway.
  • MeowSkull
    Options
    My husband is on my friends list here and FB. I have no reason not to have him on it. I also have to log his food. LOL

So you understand! Food for thought, thanks!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You know your Spouce and SO are eventually going to find out about me, right?

Not with that profile picture, they won't...
  • MeowSkull
    Options
    Mine isn't on here and if he ever joined, it would mean a visit to the ER to make sure he was feeling OK since it's totally out of character for him to do that.

But if he did (and was perfectly healthy after all) I would add him.

HAHAHA!!! that's how I felt when he mentioned he should start paying attention and tracking on "that fitness site you use".

I'll most likely add him, I have nothing to hide... I'd just be giving up this one space that is ALL ME.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Send him to bodybuilding.com to hang out with the brahs
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Maybe they just want to do/have something that doesn't have to involve their husband/SO/friends/family, nothing wrong with having your own space.

I would find it suffocating not to have my own space. We don't have to share every iota of our lives with people we know.