15 weeks to change

Options
How much can I change my body in just 15 weeks? Is it possible? I get married in 15 weeks and have started slimming world and I am also doing 30 day shred- just done day 2 and cant walk!

I do not normally exercise at al and my diet was very poor as with having 3 jobs I lived off takeaway or convenience food. However I now feel really committed to losing weight. I want to lose weight for good, not just for my wedding, but I just wondered if I'm being realistic- how much can my body change in 15 weeks?

I am currently 12 stone exactly, size 14/16, 5ft4.

Many thanks

Replies

• rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say, everyone is different, but 15 weeks is a long time. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! I think it's really important to just set a goal of success and not set a goal of a certain size. Whatever size you end up being at your wedding, just love yourself and rock it! Good luck!

edit: Add me if you want ... I had to look up what 12 stone was..but our stats are almost similar. I am 5'3 and weigh 152 right now. My dress size is around 8, 10 or 12 depending who I buy from!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Realistically you could lose 15 pounds!! You want to do it healthy! So don't set up super high expectations because it is just 15 weeks away. But a lot CAN change in the time frame. Be positive, enjoy the journey, and learn!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose 1 pound per week. Eat all those calories, including at least half of your exercise calories. Work out 5 days a week, but don't overdo it! (If you can barely walk after a workout, I think it's a bit much). A good, brisk walk for 30-60 minutes is a great exercise if you haven't been doing anything.

Don't do anything drastic. You don't want to be miserable for your wedding from overly restricting calories or killing yourself through exercise. You can expect to lose 10-15 pounds in 15 weeks, and by adding exercise (even walking) you can also tighten up. You can also invest in a decent pair of shape underwear, like Spanx, if you want to for a nice line in your dress. But don't expect to fit into a size 8 or anything :tongue:

And don't stop after the wedding. Make these healthy habits for life - eating properly and physical activity.

Congratulations on your wedding :flowerforyou:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It can change pretty good.

You can do it wrong and also mess it up pretty good.

3 jobs - you on your feet part of the day most days?

Did you select sedentary activity level on MFP, as in 45 hr weekly sitting desk job and commute?
    Be honest, so it will work better long term like you say you want.
    If that's not true, then Lightly Active.

You don't mention how much to lose, if over 40 lbs than 2 lbs weekly loss goal is reasonable.
    Under 40 - 1.5 weekly.
    Under 20 - 1 weekly.
    Under 10 - 0.5 weekly.

And for max body transform, as in getting stronger and losing fat - eat back your exercise calories per the program, log them at 85% of estimated - and eat them all back.

Your body makes the best changes the smaller the deficit is.

And considering you likely won't be wearing a scale on the back of the wedding dress for all to see with current weight, along with sign of desired weight - they will only be seeing you, which means inches.

So keep the deficit reasonable so you have the most improvement to inches.

And too much exercise isn't going to help.

Diet is for weight loss - done right only fat loss, done wrong muscle mass too - terrible for maintaining.
    Exercise is for heart health and body improvements - done right helps fat loss, done wrong helps muscle mass loss.

Also, after being honest with your diet goals if you need to change them (and the fitness goals don't effect that math at all), go to your Goals and customize them.

Whatever grams of fat were given, note it and keep them the same.
    Whatever grams of protein were given, double the grams by adjusting the %.
    Let carbs drop since fat stays the same grams.

Change whatever else like fiber you want to track.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Doing the shred will change your body quickly. Look up some befores and afters, it works if you follow it. Side note: many people doing the shred do not lose a ton of weight, but lose a lot in inches. I've seen some mention only losing 5-10 lbs, but 15-22 inches. I'm always in for inch loss, and started the shred again last Saturday. On day 4 today :) Good luck to you!
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started MFP 15 weeks ago today. I started at 13.1 stone so 183 lbs today i weigh in at 10.12 (152 lbs) so thats a 31 lb loss in 15 weeks. I no thats a lot faster than recommended but the first few weeks the lbs just fel off. Im currently loseing about 1 lb a week. I forgot to say im also 5 ft 4. So yes your goal is very achievable. Good luck. I will add you now. X
  • raholden88
    Options
    15 weeks is certainly enough time. I started by giving myself 9 months for my wedding to lose 50lbs, and I've nearly already done it in just 16 weeks. 15 shouldn't be a problem with a good diet and steady exercise. I stayed to my deficit and started walking more, adding a few hundred steps everyday to my regular work routine and added an extra 15 minute walk with the dog here and there now that the weather has warmed up. Burn 300-400 calories a day just walking. Started losing 3.5 lbs a week, down to .5 a week now. Just cut out all the artificial and added sugar products as best I could from things that shouldn't have them, like breads and 'diet' foods, started eating more fruits and vegetables and lean meats, such as chicken baked with spinach and onion saute, or broiled fish with carrots and garlic, etc. Did wonders for my energy levels and mood. Also drink plenty of water and cut out sugary drinks.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options