Spouse, SO's, others.... are they on your list?

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I would have my hubs on my FL if he were on MFP, I've got nothing to hide. He sees everything I do on here anyway. I wouldn't log his food for him, though. He's a big boy and if he's not willing to do the work, he's not going to be successful in the long run anyway. I'm not going to be his momma.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Why WOULDNT you want him/her on your list? I'd give anything to have my RL friends/BF on here, active, engaged and interested in this journey. Don't get me wrong, I love my far-away MFP buddies, but some in-person support would be great!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My husband is not in MFP, but if he was he probably will not be in my friend’s list; I like my space.

Besides, I WOULD NOT BE LOGGING HIS FOOD. Part of the success is to log ourselves everything that we eat and be responsible for our choices. If he would be interested in losing wt, he would have to do all the ground work, just like I am doing.
  • shadedemonesko
    shadedemonesko Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it is the best thing in the world that you can get your SO on the same journey. My BF is not using MFP, however, we are doing this together. We are in on each other's weight loss progress (or no progress for that matter).

He is probably the only person in the world from who I will not hide when I overeat. More than I could have ever said about anyone.

So if your SO wants to be on here. Let him in. It is so much better when you are supporting each other.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't on here and if he ever joined, it would mean a visit to the ER to make sure he was feeling OK since it's totally out of character for him to do that.

But if he did (and was perfectly healthy after all) I would add him.

HAHAHA!!! that's how I felt when he mentioned he should start paying attention and tracking on "that fitness site you use".

I'll most likely add him, I have nothing to hide... I'd just be giving up this one space that is ALL ME.

Then don't do it, it's not about 'hiding' anything it's about having something for yourself only.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Why WOULDNT you want him/her on your list? I'd give anything to have my RL friends/BF on here, active, engaged and interested in this journey. Don't get me wrong, I love my far-away MFP buddies, but some in-person support would be great!

PLUS: how many people do you see on here... SO sabotages me, I wish BF would join me, I wish my GF wouldn't pick on me for logging... I wish my husband would run with me... I wish my GF would join me so we don't have to buy separate groceries..... IMO having BF/GF/Husband/Wife join you in this would be amazing!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    but it's more like MFP is my "alone time" with it all. Not sure that makes sense.
    Sounds to me that you not get enough "alone time" in your life. Everybody has right for some. I'm getting mine from work.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't on here and if he ever joined, it would mean a visit to the ER to make sure he was feeling OK since it's totally out of character for him to do that.

HAHAHA!!! that's how I felt when he mentioned he should start paying attention and tracking on "that fitness site you use".

I'll most likely add him, I have nothing to hide... I'd just be giving up this one space that is ALL ME.

Then don't do it, it's not about 'hiding' anything it's about having something for yourself only.

^^This. I don't add any family members either. They don't need to know this side of me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Well, with mine it's more that 1.) he doesn't really do social media AT ALL and 2.) He really, really, really doesn't need to lose weight. He actually loses weight "accientally" all the time. Sometimes I want to punch him. lol
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My BF isn't here b/c logging, etc. isn't something he's interested in, but he knows I'm here and I would have no issues adding him to my FL if he decided to join.

That said, I wouldn't want any real life friends on my FL because I'm more open and candid here than I often am in real life and especially more than I am on FB and I like having that freedom.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Regarding logging for him, I would eventually give it over to him once the db is seeded, but he'd get really frustrated with the learning process in the beginning. Also, I do all the cooking so I'd have to input dinner if it's a recipe I use.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My BF isn't here b/c logging, etc. isn't something he's interested in, but he knows I'm here and I would have no issues adding him to my FL if he decided to join.

That said, I wouldn't want any real life friends on my FL because I'm more open and candid here than I often am in real life and especially more than I am on FB and I like having that freedom.

All my RL friends on my list are far away from me... a few in the same state but none I see more than twice a year. However, we also have a small FB group where we post all the chitchat and TMI crap that goes along with getting healthy :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Mine is not on MFP at all. He doesn't have to try very hard to lose weight.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have a few real life friends on here but for the most part this is my space for my own goals and if I had a SO I wouldn't add them.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm single but I do have a crush on someone who is on my friends list. If I could trick him into being my boyfriend, he's cute enough that I'd let him stay. :blushing:
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want your SO on your list? Unless you're doing something that you shouldn't be doing anyway and have something to hide then I can't see any reason not to.

No, nothing like that. MFP is just kind of a place for "ME" on my journey to healthy. I'm trying to figure out why I wouldn't want him here, but it's more like MFP is my "alone time" with it all. Not sure that makes sense.

I don't know that's just me, I don't feel the need for that kind of space. Then again, I only have 3 people on my FL and my wife isn't on MFP yet.
  • spsanderson
    spsanderson Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would think you would want your husband/so on your friend list, getting healthy in a relationship is not all about me, it's about us, I would think you'd want your husband/so to be encouraging?

I could be wrong. I keep asking my wife to friend me, I could use the snide looks when I eat crap.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The wife's not on here.
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My g/f was my ONLY friend on MFP for a long time. Then after a few weeks of reading forums, I decided to add more friends. A few local, a few long distance. Some male, some female. I like the positive outlook and support that my current friend's list provides. It's also easier for my g/f and I to share meals so that we don't both have to build recipes or "my foods".

It's a tough line to draw. If you don't add him could it be b/c you're hiding something? If you do add him will he be in your business all the time? What are your motives for NOT adding him? What are his motives for being added?