Small goal rewards

Options
I've started my weight loss journey not to long ago and I'm almost at my first small goal mark and I want to reward myself with something (not food related!) What are some of the things that you reward yourselves with when you reach one of your goals?

Replies

• deannasueknutson
    deannasueknutson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have seen some people get a pedicure as treat or a new outfit that they have been wanting.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find that looking awesome is an excellent reward.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Anything your heart desires.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Shoes. Massages. Shoes. Splurge an "event". A pretty dress. & sometimes shoes. :laugh:
  • spdoughe
    spdoughe Posts: 51
    Options
    I found that sometimes for a small goal a new outfit wasn't always as rewarding as I would have hoped (I don't know how big your small goal was) But having a fun new piece of clothing is a nice reward. If you like jewelry, maybe you could start a charm bracelet.. get a new charm for every goal you meet? Massages are always nice too! :) Great job, keep it up!!
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    OO...I have to revisit my reward list....I did it in % increments and started with smaller things, and built them up the closer I got to goal....I had it all planned out (last time I was in the weight loss game) but I haven't done it this time. Thanks for the reminder! A mani/pedi is always a nice treat!
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I found that sometimes for a small goal a new outfit wasn't always as rewarding as I would have hoped (I don't know how big your small goal was) But having a fun new piece of clothing is a nice reward. If you like jewelry, maybe you could start a charm bracelet.. get a new charm for every goal you meet? Massages are always nice too! :) Great job, keep it up!!

The charm bracelet is a great idea!!!! then you can always track your journey, and keep it as a motivation momento when you reach goal to keep you from re-gaining.
  • Memorysketch
    Memorysketch Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What are you into? Buy yourself something hobby related. A new book (or two, if you normally buy one a week or something.) I play online games (Subeta!) so I may buy extra points. I collect measuring spoons/cups, so I may buy one of those. Or a new cross stitch pattern, or make up, something. Me and the Mr. may go to the cheap theater - but that usually involves food, so there's sabotage there XD
  • iluvmpiche
    Options
    For me, it's clothes. Every time I want to buy a snack, I put that money away for my goal prize spending. I like to think entire outfit rather than just one piece. So, I'll buy a cute pair of shorts or something for my first goal, a shirt to go with it on the next time I meet a goal, and so on.

Whatever you treat yourself to, I think it helps if it leads to meeting the next goal.
  • Othelie24601
    Options
    For me as well it is buying clothes that fit me. It's something I need to get anyway and makes me feel good.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of fitness related stuff, like better athletic shoes, compression-style athletic capris, nice jump rope, glow-in-the-dark basketball just for fun, nice bike helmet, etc.

Clothes and accessories are always good, too. I am super frugal and buy most of my stuff secondhand or on clearance so at times hitting a goal has been enough to "allow" myself to go ahead and spend a little more on an item I really want to add to my wardrobe.

When I was about to finally hit "onederland" (huge for me after 20+ years well above that) I bought myself all new makeup and a Lucite organizer for my counter top. I collected it for about 1 month but didn't start using it until the DAY that scale said 199.4. I use it every day and it continues to serve as a motivator to me because it reminds me of that goal achieved :-)
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    LOVE the charm bracelet idea!!!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a hrm when I hit my 10lb waitloss and also an armband to hold my cellphone while walking. :)
  • xwewhisper
    xwewhisper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the charm bracelet idea! I've done new running shoes, a new dress, a new bikini. Something a little more "special" that isn't something you would normally buy yourself I think helps!
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My rewards are going to be a new haircut, a facial and a massage. A very long massage.