Magic Bullet Recipes??

Options
sunnyk8
sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
For Christmas, I got a magic bullet! So excited about it. Come on, you all know the infomercial: The personal, versatile, countertop magician!!! LOL sorry... really really excited as you can see.

Anyway, I searched the forums but was unable to find much in terms of good/healthy recipes for the magic bullet.

And I'm not just talking smoothies.... I'm thinking lunches and maybe even dinners!

Any other MB owners have any they want to share?

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I have one , its awsome. Ive only really made purees and baby food with it but mixing stuff is awsome in it
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Yeah, I have a Magic Bullet too, but the only things I have done with it are grind my golden flax seed and make smoothies. I would love some recipes.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i used to have one and i mostly used it for smoothies. I would put about 1/4 cup of juice or milk, half dozen ice cubes, and some fresh or frozen fruit in to it and whip it up.
    I stopped using it because the blades went dull after a year of chopping ice cubes every day. :-(
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I received a version made by GE for Christmas and I have been looking for recipes, too. So far I have found:

http://www.buythebullet.com/bulletrecipes.php

http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/magic-bullet-recipes

http://www.dietbites.com/Magic-Bullet-Recipes/magic-bullet-recipes-index.html (scroll down a bit)

I have just started going through these sites so I don't know exactly what's on them. It's a start, though!

I have only tried a carrot and apple smoothie that I kind of made up--I chopped up one of each and used about 1/4 -1/2 cup apple juice and just blended it all up in the big cup. It was good! I plan on going shopping for more smoothie ingredients tomorrow.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    I would slice up 2-3 strawberries, throw in two little squares of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate and 3 tablespoons of nonfat plain yogurt. Tasted like chocolate dipped strawberries.
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    where do you get golden flax seed?
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I definitely need to go out and buy some smoothie making stuff. Still trying to brainstorm meal ideas. The quesadilla on the infomercial looks delish so maybe I could substitute a whole wheat tortilla or something.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    butternut squash soup! YUM
  • mariettakdavis
    mariettakdavis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas too!! I LOVE IT!! I have the garlic bread topping thats mentioned in the book, sorbet (strawberry, mango, peach, pinapple and banana), the cheese cake which actually isn't too bad on calories...322/slice,Raspberrt topping for the cheese cake too, and I juiced a pinapple, and made some seasoning for grilled chicken...YUM! I am going to check out those websites mentioned above for more recipes but I have been just throwing stuff together randomly.
    Basically this thing can make anything you could possibly want! It's really made cooking more fun for me which is automatically more healthy than me eating the processed foods I usually eat or eating out as often as I usually do!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    hungry girl has a lot of recipes for the magic bullet!
    www.hungrygirl.com
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this question, because I got a Magic Bullet for christmas as well and was thinking what the heck am I gonna make with this besides smoothies. Im not a big fan of smoothies! so other recipes would be grrrrreat.