How can I feel better in a bikini?

Options
2»

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Wear your teeny bikini at a crowded beach. The more people, the less noticeable just one person is. That self-consciousness you feel will disappear.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure any woman anywhere is completely comfortable wearing a bikini. I'm going on a trip with my husband and all our friends this summer to the Dominican Republic. I'm going to be wearing a bathing suit most of that time. I took my husband shopping one night, got a whole bunch of different swimsuits to try on, all different styles and cuts. I had him help me to find the one that fit my body type the best. Will I still feel comfortable and happy with how I look? Probably not. But whenever I feel that way, I will just remind myself that I'm in a different country, so I will never see any of these other people again. And I'll be with our close friends who love me the way I am. If they are my true friends, they will not be judging how I look in my bikini.
  • havenbaby
    havenbaby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go to the nude beach and bare all and than you will want to wear that bikini ; )
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Go to the nude beach and bare all and than you will want to wear that bikini ; )

Ah, the old crank it to 11 approach. Always a great perspective builder :-)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is my first time posting pictures like this, so be nice. :) These are my most recent "during" shots - taken about a month ago, so I look the same. As you can see, I'm not overweight, but I do have the skinny fat thing for sure. Just NO definition and a bit of extra fat still.

dr2xpy.jpg

I feel good in clothes, even in my short shorts, but it's my stomach that I'm most concerned about, which is why I'm lifting. There's no muffin top, loose skin, etc., but I'm still self-conscious about it. I really need to work on my body image, I know. Just posting this picture on a forum full of strangers makes me nervous. Maybe this is my first step in increasing my confidence! We'll see.
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critics.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If I had your body I would happily and I mean VERY happily wear a bikini. You look great. Most women have a bit of belly fat and still look fabulous in bikinis. You don't have to have a FLAT belly or a six-pack...for most women it's not even possible due to genetics (I will lose everywhere but my stomach). My plan is to wear a bikini this summer even though I probably won't be even as thin as you...I just don't care if one random idiot thinks I'm not mean to wear one - to hell with them!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is my first time posting pictures like this, so be nice. :) These are my most recent "during" shots - taken about a month ago, so I look the same. As you can see, I'm not overweight, but I do have the skinny fat thing for sure. Just NO definition and a bit of extra fat still.

dr2xpy.jpg

I feel good in clothes, even in my short shorts, but it's my stomach that I'm most concerned about, which is why I'm lifting. There's no muffin top, loose skin, etc., but I'm still self-conscious about it. I really need to work on my body image, I know. Just posting this picture on a forum full of strangers makes me nervous. Maybe this is my first step in increasing my confidence! We'll see.

This was not at all what I was expecting.

Wear the bikini. Wear it proudly. You'll be some of the nice scenery at the beach.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Make sure you tie it properly... this is my only advice.
    Tho you'll not care what you look like with it on once you've shown the whole beach what it looks like off! :grumble:
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OP, you look great! If I looked like you I don't think I'd have a problem wearing a bikini at all! I on the other hand sport all of the mommy stretch marks and stretched skin of years of obesity. This thread helped push me over the edge and I just ordered a one piece bikini and a bikini with some high waisted bottoms. I am determined to do this. But, OP, please don't stand next to me ;)
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is so right...you would be amazed at all the different sizes and shapes of human beings there are and they are all out there to be seen at a nude beach. Talk about getting comfortable with your own body - this would really do it!