Turkey Picante Meatloaf Cupcakes

Options
ammp
ammp Posts: 107 Member
Big long name, tastey little dinner. I was scrambling to make something tasty for dinner and stared at my panty. I had a new bottle of mild picante sauce that I had snagged on sale - big bottle, not sure what to do with it. Figured something out, put it into meatloaf. Not just any meatloaf, cupcakes!! I used a 12 count cupcake pan - not the big 6 count muffin pan, but I imagine you could do it easily.

So here is my easy recipe:
1 lb ground turkey (93/7)
1 cup picante sauce
1 cup italian breadcrumbs
1 egg

Preheated oven to 350. Sprayed cupcake pan with non-stick spray. Mix all together, and put a little less than 1/3 cup into each muffin spot. You shouldn't have any left over.

Cook for 15 mins, then top with a teaspoon of your fav topping (lots of people use ketchup, bbq sauce, I like a 1 part mustard to 2 part ketchup mixture personally). Cook another 5-10 mins until done.

Done!

IMG_20101227_193403-1.jpg

These were mine. I used all Walmart brand stuff and a liquid egg, and the recipe feature of the site says each of my cupcakes are 106 calories, 8 carbs, 3 fat and 9 protein. This is without the topping. I am uploading them to MFP recipe thing now.

Also, the light colored turkey meat and bright picante sauce become a bit orange. Don't be alarmed.....like my husband was ;)

Replies

• mivitaluna
    Options
    This looks fantastic! Thank you!
    Just a question, how do you get the images and your ticker in your post here?
    Thanks again
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing!
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As you can tell from the pic, I was in a hurry to try them - I was starved lol

Even the husband like them, and he tends to turn his nose up at anything new. :wink:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love using cupcake tins to cook in. It makes it so much easier to limit portions and calculate calories. These look yummy!
  • west1223
    Options
    bump