Is it Insane to get EA Active doing P90X from the couch to 5

Options
Hello folks,

Quick Q, (as in question). I've got in mind to do Insanity, P90X, EA Sports Active 2 9 Week Program, and C25K in 2011. From folks who have done any and or all of these is there a particular order that will keep me most motivated and least sore? Can any of these be done concurrently (namely C25K +other workout).

What's the simplest one to fit into my schedule below:
M-F Classes between 10-2
W-Sa Working 11P-7A

Any tips, ideas, critiques and criticisms are welcome.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This is an example of my P90X / Insanity hybrid. It is organized this way, because there are certain Insanity DVD's that have you doing a ton of push-ups and that's difficult after a P90X chest and back day. Also, with this schedule I also run at lunch time on the treadmill. I am also training to do a couple of 5K in 2011. I usually run on Mondays, Wednesdays, and weekends. The plyometrics help with C25K training.

Weeks 1-3:
    Day 1 - Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 – P90X Plyometrics
    Day 3 - Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Max Recovery
    Day 5 – Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 – Max Cardio/Cardio Abs
    Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch

Week 4, 8, & 12 (Recovery Week):
    Day 1 - Core Synergistics
    Day 2 – Max Cardio Recovery
    Day 3 – Insanity Cardio Recovery/cardio abs
    Day 4 – Core Synergistics
    Day 5 - Core Cardio and Balance
    Day 6 - Yoga X

Weeks 5,6,7:
    Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 – P90X plyometrics
    Day 3 - Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Max Recovery
    Day 5 – Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 - Max Cardio Conditioning, Cardio Abs

Weeks 9,10,11:
    Day 1 - Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 - Insanity Max Interval Plyo
    Day 3 - Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Insaniy Core Cardio & Balance
    Day 5 - Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 - Max Cardio Conditioning, Cardio Abs
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I hear the hybrid is amazing! I'd say do that along with C25k. Im sure its gonna be beastly... But so will you!
  • PatCrizack
    Options
    Personally, I would suggest doing things in moderation, P90X is an amazing workout, if you're looking to build and bulk I would suggest doing the doubles. Insanity, however is very good cardio, however, you won't be bulking up anytime soon with that. I can't testify to how well EA Active is, or that C25k. But I would imagine, over loading yourself with all those activities will have negative results, either your body won't repair properly, or you'll be so overwhelmed you won't be able to complete all or any of these activities. I suggest doing P90X first, then each one after, but that's just my opinion.
  • esq2man
    Options
    I'm doing EA Active and love it. The workouts are scheduled so I feel guilty if I miss a day and make it up. It kicks my butt every time, but I can still finish it. If I ever get to the point where its too easy, I might try p90x, but I'm doing 9 week on med level, so I have a ways to go.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I do know the body is an amazing organism and take most of the things you can throw at it. I would try it. I do P90X along with my Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsui training.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I do know the body is an amazing organism and take most of the things you can throw at it. I would try it. I do P90X along with my Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsui training.
    right, as long as u give it proper rest days.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So I'll look into this hybrid thing-a-ma jig to start the year. I'll probably postpone the C25K until the weather gets warmer since I'm not a fan of treadmill or indoor track running and don't want to break my leg on black ice. So I'll finish up my cardio kickstart on EA Active 2 and do the 9-week on my cardio days while doing this hybrid routine. I'll post back here to let you know if I've died or not.
  • PatCrizack
    Options
    I'm doing the same, minus the Jiu Jitsui, However, Muay Thai + P90X = Killer workout. Props to you brother.