Motivate me please!

Options
On week 3 of t25 and a steady 1600 calorie diet and gaining weight!!! I put on 4 lbs the first week and now im stuck! Someone tell me something encouraging cause right now I could so give up!! Thank you

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE?

Cliche answer, but you are most likely eating WAY more than you realize.

I doubt that 4 lbs was water retention.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Starting a new routine can easily lead to water weight, which is temporary. In addition to hormones, stress, sodium - it could be lots of things.

Are you measuring your portions, weighing your foods on a digital scale? If so and you're confident 1600 is an accurate nutrition intake AND that is appropriate for your goals: keep going and give it a few more weeks.
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    After the dark there is always light.

How's that?
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Did you measure yourself before you started? If not, do so now and use those measurements as a tracker. The scale is not the only tool for tracking progress.

Do not give up whatever you do. Weigh your food if you aren't already. Guesstimating never works!
  • salenar2014
    salenar2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lol i had to google tdee because i never heard of it before but it is 2802 calories/day and yes I am measuring my food I have no doubt in my mind that I am actually eating 1600 calories, some days less than that.
  • salenar2014
    salenar2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i made the mistake of not measuring i just took before pic and stepped on the scale. ill try that thank you
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    At this point in time, continuing on this journey and the alternative of giving up will both give you the same outcome--weight gain. You are obviously unhappy with the latter, so why not stick it out and see what can happen? When I switched my focus from losing weight to learning a new healthy way of living that I planned to continue for the rest of my life, that's when change happened. It took lots of time and patience, and it has been so worth it! One day at a time. You can do it!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Try setting your calorie goal to TDEE -20% for a week or 2 and see if this helps with the loss. Sounds counter-intuitive (to eat more), but it may just work. Also make sure you are drinking enough water and limiting sodium. Don't give up!!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    lol i had to google tdee because i never heard of it before but it is 2802 calories/day and yes I am measuring my food I have no doubt in my mind that I am actually eating 1600 calories, some days less than that.

If all of this is true, then give it another 3 weeks.

If you are still gaining or staying the same, come back here with your diary open.
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You are on a roll!! I refuse to get on the scale anymore because it's evil! Take all measurements and pictures! I never went anywhere on a scale, it stayed the same maybe up a pound durning cycles. I lost over 22.5 inches, scale is deceiving, stay off of it:) chin up, keep going!!!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

In my experience, and in the research/studying I've done, and the people I've conversed with here over the years, it is counterproductive to eat at a deficit greater than 1000 calories. It leads to cravings, hormone problems, decreased body effort available for workouts, it changes your overall metabolism messages your brain sends, and it changes which areas of your body your body cannibolize from to meet your body's basic needs like respiration, proper digestion, and heart contractions... if your TDEE really is 2800, and you're accurate with all of your numbers and weights of food, in my opinion you should eat at least 1800 per day.