Complete Insanity in one setting or with 3 week break?

Options
Hello All

After much debate I have bought the Insanity workout DVD collection and I am super excited to get started.
My question is....

should I
1) Complete the first month of insanity then go on 3 week holiday with my family then finish the last month of insanity

OR

2) wait until I am back from holiday so that I can complete the whole insanity program consecutively?

Thoughts and suggestions would be helpful.

Replies

• Geordie365
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and insanity (just finished day 2 lol) but I'd say start now, have the holiday and then start from month 1 again so you get the progression. Friends say month 2 is hectic... Wouldnt fancy starting straight into that after a holiday!

Feel free to add me (anyone) like I say, I'm new to all this, but support is good so you're all welcome to help me haha!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Start now!!!

You'll thank yourself.

Then you can do as Geordie suggested. I did the first month...well, a while ago. But it was SO AWESOME! (A little excited about starting again...can you tell?)

I should add that I'm currently doing the program on a different schedule: I only do 3 days a week with additional lifting two days a week. My life is a lot different than it was the first go 'round.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If those are your only choices, I'd go with waiting until after your vacation.

Any conditioning gains you would have attained after a month will be diminished after a 3 week layoff. It'll take a month just to get back to where you were before you stopped.

You could also do the first month, take the three weeks off, and then start again from the beginning after returning.

Best of luck.
  • Krista6558
    Options
    Wow didn't even think of doing the first month and then restarting. Great Idea!!!
    You all rock my socks :D

Thanks
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would do the month then restart. The fun part will be to see how much better you are the second time around.