For those who have lost 60+ pounds...

Options
2»

Replies

• Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Being consistent with my calorie goals and patient , I don't expect to see results by a certain time, I just go through the motions and consistently lose weight, I don't care how much I lose as long as it's lower than the previous week ^-^
    It does not happen quickly but it does happen and you may not even notice it at first :p

Educating yourself about nutrition etc helps a lot, I read a lot of helpful things on the forums and online about advantageous things you can do whilst losing weight and I believe if you truly learn about how you became overweight then it will be a lot harder to gain it back.

Learning portion control of your favourite foods instead of cutting them out , because eventually you will want to eat them and if you haven't been teaching yourself how to have them sensibly then you will eat the entire tub of ice cream like I did out of deprivation :p

Never give up, bad days happen, but one bad day never made anyone fat, it's the lifestyle :)
  • daweez04
    daweez04 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Short answer, eat less, move more.

Long answer

I started by just going for 2.5 mile walks 3-4 times a week, started watching my intake here on MFP.

Lost my first 30 lbs just be doing that, then my losses started to decline as I wasn't measuring food, just guessing on how much I was eating. Between the exercise and being morbidly obese, the beginning I had created a big enough deficit despite this, but it caught up with me. That was the first 5 months.

Then January hit I started to work on myself even more. Started up kettlebell 2 time a week, upped my walks to 3 miles, then later to 4 miles and weighed every piece of food that when in my mouth. In 3 months I lost another 25ish. Amazing what being accurate with your food does, lost as much weight in 3 months as the previous 5. Now I am about to start week 4 of my C25K, as a result of kettle bell, I have dropped my heart rate by 25ish BPM and walking wasn't getting my heart rate up like it was before.

The physical part has been easy, just ease in and gradually add things. Do things you enjoy. For example, I hate treadmills/stationary equipment, all I do is stare at the clock. So I started walking around the neighborhood.

It is the mental part you have to get past. Talking yourself out of working out, not having to track a handful of chocolate chips because it is so small, etc. It is amazing how something just clicks after doing it for so long, like I said, I wasn't truly committed for the first 5 months, then something just flipped and these last 3.5 months have been great for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more. I pretty much ate 1650-1700 the whole time, weighing my food, and increased my exercise progressively. I started with some home videos, then started walking and strength training, did some group classes... Basically I tried to be active for at least 30 minutes a day. Been mostly doing walks and weights for a few months now though.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    One word: Consistency.

^^^ Totally!

21525558.png
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!