100 Days, down 68 lbs.

Options
Luryso
Luryso Posts: 21 Member
And I couldn't be happier with my results so far. Any kind and/or encouraging words are more than welcome...and will help to motivate me for the 2nd half of my goal. :smile:

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a HUGE loss!! Congrats!
  • asadra66
    asadra66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!
  • mightyminx
    Options
    That is seriously awesome! Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey :)

What did you do to get this far? :)
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! Great job!
  • Luryso
    Luryso Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Without going into too much detail (I can be wordy), I have make a real commitment to being disciplined. Losing weight isn't a magical mystery. Losing weight is simply a math problem…if you can burn more calories that you put into your body, you will lose weight. I accomplished this by being disciplined about what I was eating, tracking everything that I eat, educating myself about nutrition, getting creative in the kitchen, and being extremely aware of my intake.

After my first month, I started exercising. I walked 45 miles in February, and 100 miles in March. When I walked, I walked as fast as I could for the entire duration. In those two months, I went from walking for just 20 minutes at first, and getting all the way up to walking for up to 90+ minutes at a time.

This month (April), I switched to the elliptical (my knees and feet were hurting a bit too much with walking). I’m doing 60 minutes a day, 6 days a week on the elliptical. Every so often, I blow it with food and go way over my calories, but the next day I get right back on track and don’t give up.

I fully expect my weight loss to slow down. As I lose more weight, it will become increasingly difficult to lose at the same pace as I am now, but I’m about halfway to where I’d like to be.

Most importantly, I’m not thinking of this as a diet. This is a change in my life; how I eat, when I eat, why I eat, and that exercising is now just part of my day. My goal is to get to a healthy weight where I can be physically athletic again, and then be able to exercise through athletics, rather than the mundane work on the elliptical. I’ll get to the point where I can play squash, basketball and softball 5-6 days per week, without worrying about blowing out a knee or twisting an ankle. This form of activity will be something I look forward to and will be fun and social at the same time. I’ll ease up on some of the food restrictions, but I think I’ll always log my food so that I can maintain an awareness of what I’m doing, and I won’t go back to the binge drive-thru eating, buffets, and other things that sent me so far off-track in the first place.

(that’s me NOT being wordy) :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow....great (and fast) loss! Keep up the fantastic work.
  • debobrien1
    Options
    Well done! What a big change in a short amount of time! Congrats! :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, good story, great results and excellent advice!
    Congratulations!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! Wishing you much success on your journey :)
  • captainamerica52
    Options
    thats really good bro keep it up:smokin:
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really great!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I'm seriously impressed! That's a huge loss for 100 days so you're pretty much a hero. You chose to keep your profile and your food diary private though but I'd love to have some food suggestions from you. It's taken me nearly 17 months to lose just a bit more than you have, so yeah, I'm pretty envious:grumble:
  • everythingMonicaYT
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and way to be disciplined. That's really all this is right? That's what I'm learning. I understand about the binge eating.. maybe not drive thrus, I've never been a fast food person, but I'd binge on sweets, like cookies, cakes, candy bars.... I wish you the best.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love how confident you seem in your ability to tackle another 100 lbs. And why wouldn't you? You've figured out how to do it and are clearly driven and hard working. I would be overwhelmed , but you speak of it as if it's mere. That, sir, makes you a boss. You impress.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Here I am, admiring your commitment. I know it is not easy and you deserve a pat on the back - JOB WELL DONE!
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Pretty soon you'll be posting your before and after pics under the success stories! (And that's me being wordy. Lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!