Carbs???

Options
Just need some info about carbs. Are they bad for you when they come from fruit and other healthy foods.

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nope, carbs are energy and essential to our survival. :) we need them one way or another, but fruit is the healthier option in general.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Carbs indeed are essential. Too many are an issue. I eat about 40% carbohydrate each day. I eat a ton of Ezekiel sprouted grain bread. It is sugar and flour free. Of course, green vegetables are a great choice for good healthy carbs too.
  • YukiValentine
    YukiValentine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    fruit is good carbs! so carb it up!
  • darlene_foxxy3333
    Options
    I usually end up going over the amount mfp allow for me daily. But they are in my fruit and veggies and my cereal. I always used to hear that carbs are bad. Too much confusing info over the years I guess...
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Carbs are an important part of our diet. But there are different kinds of carb choices. For example, an apple would be a healthier choice than a candy bar.
  • darlene_foxxy3333
    Options
    Ok thanks for the help everyone :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Carbs are essential, they aren't "bad" coming from any source, they are part of anyone's diet. The only reason they get a bad reputation is that the simple carbs like sugar are metabolized quickly and therefore give you a short burst of energy but aren't very satiating. That means you can eat a lot calorically but yet still feel hungry in a few hours. That isn't because carbohydrates are "bad" though just means that its a good idea to get a fair amount of protein/fat in your diet as well to help satiate yourself.

If you want to feel full and be under or at your calorie goal daily try eating more lean protein, most people find protein much more satiating per calorie than carbohydrates.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Carbs from fruit were for a long time referred to as classified invaders that only recently have come to the surface and have been discovered as very detrimental to human health....be very careful of grapes especially, they have mind changing properties as well.:bigsmile: