Question About the Zombie Run App

Options
I don't know the exact name of the app, but it's on the Android market (and Apple, I think) and it's this running app where you're told that you're being chased by zombies and you have to run a certain speed to avoid them. I love the idea and I don't mind paying for it, but my question is if it's worth it. I don't want to get in the habit of buying apps that won't serve me any good for long.

The idea is brilliant and I'm on board of getting it, but I'm not sure if I should. Has anybody tried it hands on? :smile:

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have the iphone version and I love it. I also have the C25k one too. It won't MAKE you run if you don't want to, and the speed thing only works if you're using GPS (as far as I know), but if you're looking for something to make your runs a bit more exciting, I'd say go for it :)
  • summerbrunette23
    summerbrunette23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the iphone version and I love it. I also have the C25k one too. It won't MAKE you run if you don't want to, and the speed thing only works if you're using GPS (as far as I know), but if you're looking for something to make your runs a bit more exciting, I'd say go for it :)

Nice! And how do you feel about the C25k app? I was always curious about it but I never considered trying it!
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You don't have to use the GPS. I have it on accelerometer mode most of the time because I use a treadmill. I absolutely love the app. It's really helped me. I feel like I have to get a run to hear the story.
  • summerbrunette23
    Options
    You don't have to use the GPS. I have it on accelerometer mode most of the time because I use a treadmill. I absolutely love the app. It's really helped me. I feel like I have to get a run to hear the story.

Story? There's a story behind each run? I thought it was just a daily goal kinda thing like, "Alright, you avoided the zombies today.... let's make sure you survive tomorrow" kinda thing! Okay, now I'm seriously considering this app!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Story? There's a story behind each run? I thought it was just a daily goal kinda thing like, "Alright, you avoided the zombies today.... let's make sure you survive tomorrow" kinda thing! Okay, now I'm seriously considering this app!

You don't have to use the GPS, but if you do you can get caught by the zombies if you don't speed up enough (20% increase for a minute, I think?).

There is a story, which I think helps a lot with the app. You're a runner based in a small township after the zombie apocalypse and each run is a certain mission. I believe the C25K one comes in between season 1 and season 2 of the app. There's no 'spoilers' in it though, so if you want you can start with that and progress to the full app.
  • Spooky_Scully
    Spooky_Scully Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Runner 5, here!! :laugh:

Seriously though, it's a fantastic app! It's so much fun and quite motivating - you won't regret it. I started with the Zombies C25K which literally got me off of the couch and helped me learn to run.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the app! Don't use it very often but it's a nice little addition when I do. I always forget to activate the Zombie chases but outside of that I still like it!
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    New phone should be here by the end of the week. Must remember to download...
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it is an AWESOME app. We use it for story time/music while on our nightly walks. We love the storyline in both season 1 and season 2, we also have their C25K and the new pedometer app 'The Walk' and we love them all.

There is a Zombies Run! group here at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6558-zombies-run-group

now that its getting warmer for most of us, the group gets active again
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Ok, hate running but this may make it tolerable... how much does it cost?
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! It's one of the best apps I have.
  • summerbrunette23
    Options
    Ok, hate running but this may make it tolerable... how much does it cost?

On the Android market, it's about $4...seems so worth it. And the weather makes it even more convincing!

Thank you guys! :)
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run also has an App which trains you to go from never running to a 5K (essentially, exactly like C25K but with zombies and an awesome story!).

I've run two missions in a day, instead of one sometimes because I get caught up in the story!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5, day 1 of the Zombies, Run C25K program today! It's great, and pretty much the only thing that could make me excited about running. The story keeps me motivated and wanting to do the next run so I can hear more. Definitely recommended!

And the C25K app comes between Mission 1 (which you'll do anyway in the C25K app) and Mission 2 of the first season of the regular Zombies, Run app... so once you finish C25K you can move seamlessly (at least story-wise... how seamless the running is will be up to you! :laugh: ) into the regular app.
  • summerbrunette23
    Options
    I didn't buy the app yet and I'm already too excited for it... haha thank you so much for your responses! Seriously! :heart::heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :happy:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I love it. I got both of them last year when school had just started, they were both half off..

My suggestion would be get the C25k one since it's just $2-3 and see if you like that. I know the other one is a little different, but that'll give you an idea if you'll like it. If you do like it then you can pay the $8 for the app
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yup, I use it too and like it. It's interesting and fun, though I usually get eaten LOL. You can do missions of approximately 30 mins or 60 mins. In between story segments it plays your music. If you want to run longer than the mission lasts, it goes into radio mode and you listen to post-apocolyptic DJs in Able township.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love love love this app. Never realised it had a C25K component though.

Although I'm a little peeved that Kickstarter backers have to pay extra for the in-app content too, considering we put $20+ up initially for the app to be developed.