am i losing too fast?

Options
hey! i feel really tired all the time, i'm 5'10 and 155 lbs, i'v been losing on a little less than 1400, i do a half an hour jillian micheals dvd, run for 45 minutes outside, and than walk about a mile and a half (mostly uphill) im losing one pound every 2 to 3 days, and feel like crap :frown:

Replies

• AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I feel like crap if I don't get enough carbohydrate. Anything less than about 40% causes me to get really tired. What kinds of cards are you eating and what volume of them?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, that's your trouble.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I feel like crap if I don't get enough carbohydrate. Anything less than about 40% causes me to get really tired. What kinds of cards are you eating and what volume of them?

That's true for me as well.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    So you are eating 1400 and exercising off basically more than that? Of course you are going to feel like crap! Get more calories in.
  • miramirror
    Options
    thanks, i really need to get a little more resting time between my workouts as well, i usually push myself not to take breaks off :ohwell:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    thanks, i really need to get a little more resting time between my workouts as well, i usually push myself not to take breaks off :ohwell:

Are you doing all that every day?
  • fiore757
    fiore757 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're doing that much exercise on a daily basis, I would also make sure you're getting enough protein.
  • miramirror
    Options
    i guess i should try more carbs, i'm mainly just eating high protein diet
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    A healthy loss is .5–2 lbs. per week.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

5'10" & 155 lbs. is a healthy weight. You should be focussing on recomp (increasing lean body mass) rather than losing weight.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Either Calculate your TDEE to lose 0.5-1 pound per week and eat at that(set proper activity level and do not eat back exercise calories) or set MFP to sedentary and eat back all your exercise calories. If i ate 1400 calories and worked out so much, i would have a lot of trouble staying active. I am 5'5 and 140 pounds and eat 1500+ all my exercise calories ..
  • KeshiaBanks
    KeshiaBanks Posts: 24 Member
    Options

That's true for me as well.

Same here.
  • Casistrophic
    Casistrophic Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1 pound every 2 days is a little too much. I'm sure you want to lose weight as quickly as possible, but if you do it too fast your body will start burning muscle instead of fat, and that's no bueno. Make sure your net calories are 1400 if that's your goal, not just 1400 calories in food. You'll want to eat back the calories you burn from exercise until you're at your goal. Other than that, google "foods to eat before/after a workout" to find some ideas for protein-rich foods you can eat.

Also, that is a LOT of exercise. Are you doing that every day? Maybe cut back to just the DVD and 45 min. run on even days, and an easier walk on odd days.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you really need to make sure you get plenty of rest, and if you're doing that much cardio, definitely up your carb intake, and consider decreasing your calorie deficit and losing a bit slower. You'll likely feel a LOT better in the long run.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough for the amount you exercise that's why you feel like crap. either lessen your exercise or up your cals, and make sure you are having rest days as well
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    hey! i feel really tired all the time, i'm 5'10 and 155 lbs, i'v been losing on a little less than 1400, i do a half an hour jillian micheals dvd, run for 45 minutes outside, and than walk about a mile and a half (mostly uphill) im losing one pound every 2 to 3 days, and feel like crap :frown:

EAT MORE

I lose on 1600 a day and I'm 5'2
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    That's how I got a lower back injury that derailed my weight training and sidelined me for several weeks. :grumble:
    Overtraining is a common mistake that can lead to illness or injury. If you're tired all the time, you're probably overtraining and/or not sleeping enough and/or not eating enough (and if you're doing all that and eating only 1400 calories a day, you're almost certainly not eating enough). I'd suggest taking a quick read through the post linked below and possibly re-evaluating your current MFP targets. Good luck!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • miramirror
    Options
    yeah, i run in the morning, then after my run i do the video, then later on in the day i walk. i'v been really tired lately, i think i might be doing too much, i also really don't have much time to get other things done, like study and clean up the house. :ohwell:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yeah you need fuel for those workouts, start eating back your exercise calories, you will be amazed at how great you feel, how much improved your workouts are and you will still lose.
  • miramirror
    Options
    thank you :smile: