No Longer Obese!!

Options
My personal trainer took my body fat percentage today (she uses a caliper) and I'm down 2% from last week! That's the biggest jump I've had! So that brings me down to 29.8% and qualifies me for "overweight" instead of "obese"!! I'm so excited! My goal is to be around 22-23% body fat by the end.

I started at 34% body fat, so even though I've only lost 19 lbs, I've lost 4% body fat and gained a LOT of muscle.

Can't wait to see where I'll be over the next few months!

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great job, that is exciting!
  • macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl!!!! You have every reason to be proud of yourself. Keep it up!!
  • macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl!!!! You have every reason to be proud of yourself. Keep it up!!
  • ketagirl
    ketagirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!
    That is fantastic :)
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so exciting! So happy for you :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I know what you mean. I do daily body test on my WII Fit and when I went from obese to overweight, it was a great feeling!

I remember thinking how funny it sounded, though. I ran to my husband and was jumping and hugged him and yelled, "I'm overweight now!" :huh: But he knew about the Wii and he was happy for me. :wink:
  • EmyleeNoel
    EmyleeNoel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Keep up the good work!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's a beal deal and totally awesome! Congrats!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. According to my body fat tester kit (I got from Amazon - a caliper) I'm at 28. something percent body fat. I'm 5'2" and about 127 and it shows me on the low end of "average" (as opposed to "ideal"). I'm in a "healthy" weight range. Even when my body fat percentage was 30% it was considered average, not overweight.

Congratulations!!!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    outstanding
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    Thats awesome. keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!