POLAR F6 battery replacement

Options
My Polar F6 HR monitor needs battery replacement but it costs like $75 from what I found. Any one have experience with that or any suggestions?

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    no but i'm completely intrested. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago, and at some point I know the battery is going to die so I would love to know what to expect!
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You need to send it to polar I recommend sending the watch and strap to have both batteries replaced at the same time should be about $25 for both here is the service price list link.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/service?product=&category=Service+Price+List&documenttitle=Service+Price+List&document=/gip/PEUS1kb-public.nsf/web_cat/85256F470048B0BC852574390070AAF1
  • smile2010
    smile2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • smile2010
    Options
    I was on the site and was getting ready to fill out form to send it in and this is what it says. Now I remember why I had the idea it was $75

"Please use this form when sending your Polar Heart Rate Monitor for non-warranty service to an Authorized Polar Service Center. Print this page, complete the requested information and return with your unit. We recommend that you use a traceable and insured shipping method, such as UPS or Insured US Mail. Polar service centers are not responsible for items lost in transit. Expedite your repair by including your credit card information and pre-authorizing repair charges. The amount we recommend is $75 which will cover receiver battery, replacement transmitter (most common repairs) and return shipping. Please include a credit card number (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) with expiration date and authorize charges to $75. You will only be charged the cost of the actual repair. If the repair cost is more than the amount authorized, we will contact you by mail or e-mail to authorize any additional charges. If you have a warranty repair, or would like to send your repair to Polar Electro Inc. please start the Online Repair Registration Process online @ www.polarusa.com/service. If paying by check, payment must be in exact amount of repair charges - you will receive an estimate via e-mail or US mail. Please DO NOT SEND CASH. Please allow 7-10 business days for your repair to be completed (during peak seasons, repair time may be longer). All repairs come with a 90-day warranty. CUSTOMER INFORMATION:"
  • smile2010
    Options
    bump
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I was just gonna ask the same question :)

How long has it taken folks to get their HRMs back in the mail? Im slightly addicted to mine, and probably would struggle to workout without my trusty calorie counter :)
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine took about 2 weeks. Which is why I bought a Suunto T3c instead of replacing my s210 battery again since the Suunto's have user replaceable batteries in the watch and the strap.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just replaced my wifes Polar F6 battery. It took 5 minutes and $.50 - $6. The replacement battery is very common #CR2032...Amazon sells them for less than $1 each... radio shack will be about $6 each. Replacement is easy. You will need a battery(duh) and a very small screw driver( I used an eye glass repair kit - like the ones that come in a test tube at the check out line). Place the watch on a plate(you see the screws it you drop them) face down. With one hand hold the watch flat and still. Unscrew each of the 4 screws and place on the side. SLOWLY remove the cover(remember the way the cover comes off - it must go back oon the same way).... be carefull ...there is a small spring that makes contact with the cover... do not lift the watch leave it flat on the plate and the spring will stay in the watch. Use the screw driver to lightly pry the battery out. If it is hard to get out try a different edge of the battery. Replace new battery the same way. Place the cover back on the same way it came off, install screws... done. Good Luck.
  • Carrie1106
    Carrie1106 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're referring to the watch part. How about the chest part? How do you replace that battery and what type of battery? User manual doesn't seem to be of any help.
    Actually, how do you know, without purchasing both batteries, which battery needs replacing?
  • laporta1
    Options
    i was able to unscrew the four back screws with a phillips #000 driver. i then, unreleased the metal strap. unfortunately, the battery itself is positioned so tightly in the housing of the battery holder that i can't pry it out, even with a very thin flathead. i'm afraid of damaging it. this should not be this difficult. i have a hard time understanding why the battery ss wedged in so tightly.
  • NalgasDulces
    NalgasDulces Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    NJCJF wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just replaced my wifes Polar F6 battery. It took 5 minutes and $.50 - $6. The replacement battery is very common #CR2032...Amazon sells them for less than $1 each... radio shack will be about $6 each. Replacement is easy. You will need a battery(duh) and a very small screw driver( I used an eye glass repair kit - like the ones that come in a test tube at the check out line). Place the watch on a plate(you see the screws it you drop them) face down. With one hand hold the watch flat and still. Unscrew each of the 4 screws and place on the side. SLOWLY remove the cover(remember the way the cover comes off - it must go back oon the same way).... be carefull ...there is a small spring that makes contact with the cover... do not lift the watch leave it flat on the plate and the spring will stay in the watch. Use the screw driver to lightly pry the battery out. If it is hard to get out try a different edge of the battery. Replace new battery the same way. Place the cover back on the same way it came off, install screws... done. Good Luck.

I've had my F6 since 1999 and I've paid several hundred dollars for several service/battery replacements. However, last year I decided that I simply couldn't continue to be sucked dry by Polar. Love the F6 product but hate paying $60/year. So I followed NJCJF's instructions carefully and IT WORKS!!

If I had failed, I would have bought a Fitbit, but I didn't and I'm sooooooooo happy I want to turn cartwheels!!! Thanks a million!!!