Started a diet again after a rude awakening.

Options
2»

Replies

• Purebliss1
    Options
    Hello, Krimoral! I've been trying to find your topic again with a link in my mouse. :) Here it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

I'm new here too, and I just read the above thread. Good info., lots of which you know, I'm sure.

Anyway, my main message is Don't Give Up, no matter what. If your first method gives results that are below your expectations, try another. Persistence is key. Again, you may know this perfectly well, but I'm offering it as encouragement. Best of luck!
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    Just start with 1200 calories if you MUST go that low. 800-1000 for someone your size is just too low and is gonna get you off to a really bad start if not physically than psychologically at least.
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    no.
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I hope this bit of advice, which I have received in the past, can help you: Stop thinking about this as a short-term diet where you work really hard and lose the weight, then go back to your old habits. It's a permanent lifestyle change that you have to make easy and sustainable. You're in it for the long haul! It took me many yo-yo cycles to really figure this out.
  • Popsing
    Popsing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when people try to get instant results to long term problems. Listen to the people who know what they are talking about.
  • ShariTho1
    ShariTho1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It seems to me alot of people want to slap a title on wanting to lose weight as a "problem". I agree for many people it is a health threat and a problem but for some of us who want to lose 15-20 pounds its just a choice or a destination one would like to get to. I guess if it makes people feel better to call it a life long problem than so be it. For me it just is what it is. LIFE!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've seen it done, it'll be hard, but I've seen it done.

Probably should have just skipped posting about it though. Talking about less than about 1500 calories a day on mfp is glutton for punishment!