water flavor packets

Options
i was wondering if i cant seem to drink enough water in a day are those like 5 calorie water flavor packets good on a diet? or is there something in them to be aware of?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    they generally have artificial sweeteners, but it's up to you to decide if your okay with consuming it.

Some people are completely against artificial sweeteners.
    Some people have adverse reactions to consuming artificial sweeteners. (headaches, sweet cravings, etc.)
    Others (like myself) have no issues with artificial sweeteners and use stuff like Crystal Light on a regular basis.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you. As long as you aren't sensitive to the artificial sweeteners used in them.There are others who will tell you (WRONGLY) that only plain water counts as water.

I personally see nothing wrong with them and use them occasionally. I have found something I really like to flavor my water and that's True Citrus. They are crystallized citrus with a very small amount of cane sugar. Each packet equals the juice of one wedge of fruit. They have no calories and are completely natural and come in lemon, orange, lime and grapefruit. I buy mine on Amazon.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A very crazy topic I think if your having problems drinking water that yes this is a good alternative just make sure to only do it for some of your water and not all. Also everyone's body type is different when I was down about 10 lbs my weight loss came to a dead halt until I stopped drinking them for whatever reason my body is just sensitive to it. So it's fine but just make sure it doesnt affect you losing.
  • KristenMarieRuffles
    KristenMarieRuffles Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have used crystal light and great value liquid water enhancers...no calories or sugar listed....its helped me greatly in getting into drinking water
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Certainly better than not drinking water if that is your alternative.