Snack for Work idea

Options
I have a habit of snacking at work, maybe because i am thinking alot and just want to munch on things (IDK)

Any idea of better snack ideas other than the vending machine
OR
Any idea to kick the snacking habit

THANKS

Replies

• norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good. Unsalted almonds, or peanuts. Yogurt, granola, oatmeal, carrots, celery, pop corn, pretzels, fruit. Drinking more water might help too with filling you up. Maybe have some green tea. I've always noticed that oatmeal keeps me full. 1/2 cup is 150 calories. It's not the most exciting meal but it helps with keeping you full.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't like snacking on nuts at work- it's just way to easy to over eat them.

I personally drink a boat load of coffee and water.

I'm cutting so I'm going out of my way to not eat in the mornings and not snack- but that's how I make it- just forget that I"m hungry and drink coffee and water. lots of them. lol

And I only pack a certain amount of food- I log it and make sure I have what room I need and go from there- if I have random snacks- I have to cut something out of my lunch box.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Try drinking hot tea or coffee. It tends to help a bit.

Take some snacks to work with you, but make sure that you pre-portion everything so you don't just mindlessly snack on them. You want something with protein (and maybe some fiber) to help keep you full. Some ideas:

Pistachios
    Sunflower Seeds
    Pumpkin Seeds
    Natural Fat Free Popcorn (100 calorie pack)
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Baked Snap Pea Crisps
    Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers
    Apples
  • ramurray8
    ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really like the granola bars from Kind. They are easy to pack and help me keep my energy up between breakfast & lunch. Some other ideas:

boiled eggs
    gaucamole mini pack + raw veggies (I just ate this and it was actually satisfying)
    Greek yogurt
    apple + almond butter (I have to pack the ab individually though, b/c I like it so much)

I'm curious to see what other ideas people have. I tend to get into a snack rut!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    fruits???
    Vegetables???
    or just have a real snack..
    like cottage cheese or yogurt mixed with fruit or oatmeal or homemade egg salad (i make mine with avocado instead of mayo for extra healthiness)
    hard boiled eggs??

I never understand why this is such an issue. it's no secret that vending machines stock loads of unhealthy foods that are not good if you're goal is a calorie deficit or health.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just started logging, but your 1st big issue is you're not logging everything every day. Log everything. Every bite, every snack every meal. Everything. After a week you can assess what you eat, when you eat and why you eat. Then you can really make some changes (it's what i had to do)
  • amberjay0
    amberjay0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys i will take all advice