New to "the community"

Options
Ok I have been doing the myfitnesspal since November and I love it! This is my first public post. My weight loss to date is 73 lbs. It is now very slow. I have lost 6 lbs since November 9th. I have between 10 to 15 LBS to still loose and want to do it right so it stays off.

I have done low carb, low fat and a combination of these over the past 2 years to get to this point. I work out 6 days a week for about 1 1/2 hours a day. I am confused about fat burning, verse interval training verse, areobic and anti-areobic training. Any good reading material to help me would be appreciated, I just got a cardio monitor and I think this can help keep better track of calorie burn, but what I noticed was that I was in the "fat burn" mode when I was doing practically nothing and to be in the cardio mode was where almost all my workout ended up. I would do basically nothing if I wanted to be in the 'fat burn" mode. So what is my best way to go to get the last 10 to 15 lbs off?

Replies

• SabrinaM85
    Options
    The best thing to get over a bumb in the road is to drink lots of extra water, keep watching what you eat and change up the exercises. Sometimes our bodies just get to a point where they are used to what we do every day, so change is good. Also, have you tried adjusting how many calories you are getting? Maybe you aren't eating enough? That is sometimes a common problem.
    This is a roller coaster of a journey, but this site and the people here are great! Remember to just keep going and even if you slip up today, tomorrow is a new start! Good luck on your journey!

Also, feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • ckaczmar
    Options
    Thanks. I am doing all that. I am hoping the heart rate monitor can help me to figure out what I am burning each day and I hope to go see a nutritionist in January to help me figure out the next step. But I have lost over 70 lbs in the past year so I am almost to my goal weight. It just seems to get harder the closer I get.