toning shoes

Options
does anyone know if they really tone? I got a pair and i wore them for tfe first time today. walking in them felt different but after a couple hours i really didnt feel like they were doing anything special.

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The only people I see wearing these shoes aren't very toned, so the proof is in the pudding. Of cours the people on the commercial look toned, but that's not who I'm talking about....
  • lady_hellis
    lady_hellis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor says they do horrible things to your body allignment.... so from what I have heard they do more damage than good. Sorry :(
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I was interested in toning shoes also. Before I went out to buy some I did a "search" on MFP message board and read about it. Most people said they don't work. Some people like how they feel after exercising, just walking around. One person said there relative is a med student and all the professors at this med school say they cause injuries. I wouldn't do any more exercise other than walk. I bought the rocking shoe at Wal-mart for $19.99 by Danskin. Its okay but weird. I like how I can stretch out my calve muscles but I can do that anyway without them. It hasn't helped the arthritis in my knees a bit. So I don't recommend spending much money on these gadgets.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Even though i only spent 30 dollars on them I am already starting to feel disappointed. Thanks for the information though
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I got the New Balance toning shoes for Christmas, which aren't what I'd call a typical pair of toning shoes like Skechers or MBTs or whatever. I mainly just wanted a new pair of shoes to wear at work (a doctor's office) and I find that they're really comfortable and not too different than my other New Balance tennis shoes--just slightly off kilter. And personally, I wouldn't trust anything a chiropractor would say...I had one really screw up my back and put me on a faster track to surgery (but that's only my own personal experience). Just my two cents!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing the Skecher Shape Ups since October 2009 almost exclusively. I bought 2 pairs and wear them on alternate days. I was VERY careful for the first month to ONLY wear them 15--20 minutes a day. Since then I have walked almost 2000 miles in them, and although I know they should be replaced, they still look good and are comfortable so I hate to dump them. Besides which I can't really justify the expense right now.:angry:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have the Payless version of the Reebok toning shoes. They are the best walking shoes I've ever owned. My feet and shins don't hurt in them. Not sure if they are really toning, but I'm able to walk a lot better, which makes me want to walk more - that's always a plus!