90 days - 39lbs!

Hi, I just finished a "biggest loser" contest @ work. I had 90 days and I wanted to be aggressive with my goal because I have done one of these contests before and I did well (but put most of the weight back on). So, this time I had the advantage of MFP - tracking calories, tracking exercise, and encouragement from MFP friends - all three were AWESOME and crucial to my success.

I decided from day 0 that I wasn't going to screw around with "cheat" days or skipping workouts, I also wasn't going to "never have a cookie" and "not drink any beer". I love that stuff too much.

Portion control and consistent "kick *kitten*" exercise were the big factors for me. I went to the gym 3 or 4 times/week and I would do a workout at home at least one day on a weekend.

My workouts initially consisted of body-weight (80%) exercises (pushups, squats, burpees, etc.) and elliptical or stair machines (20%) and usually I would workout for 45 - 60 min. As I moved through the days and months, I got stronger so I was able to do more in the same amount of time, also I began to add weighted exercises (deadlifts, dumbell squat press, kettlebell swings) to my workouts.

I ate well. I ate LOTS of veggies, and fruits, yogurt, and protein bars and shakes. I cut WAY back on carbs (breads, desserts, BEER) - I would still have one or two a week with dinner or after dinner (it became SUCH a treat!) At first I left a few too many calories in my days - it was hard to adjust to that concept and it was a challenge to learn to pace myself through the day (calorie-wise). Protein shakes helped a lot. My go-to end-of-day treat/calorie filler was a protein shake with natural peanut butter and a banana - SO good!

I think that's about it. I know my approach was aggressive but I didn't want to get to the end of my 90 days and wonder how much better I could have done if I had just tried a little bit harder. I kicked *kitten* and I'm glad I did.

From here, I want to build muscle and maintain my weight. Good luck to you reading this. :drinker:

e726f2f7-a500-46dc-b000-ea7cf8e66182_zps0e48b606.jpg

Replies

• WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Congratulations! :D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Awesome work!!! You'll keep it off this time around! Proud to call you a friend!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Congrats on the win!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    You did amazing! Congratulations!
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Congrats, enjoy it and keep on top of yourself with this 2nd chance!
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Anything over 10 lbs./month is aggressive IMO. Nice work.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Wow great job!
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    That is outstanding. You are da' beast!
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Love your moderation approach. Fantastic work!
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Congrats to you! You did amazing, keep up the good work!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hey, I know that guy. He's a total BEAST!!
    Congrats, crusher - you ROCKED that contest! :drinker:
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    woooo hoooo! look at those abs! great WORK!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    You are awesome!!!!!!!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Excellent work! You did amazing and look great!:drinker:
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    You lose the fats but not the smile. Job well done!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Very nice!!
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Great job! Congratulations!!
  • SkiesAreGray
    SkiesAreGray Posts: 12 Member
    Wow! 90 days you look brand new! congrats
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    So did you win the contest at work??? You look great congratulations.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Hi, I just finished a "biggest loser" contest @ work. I had 90 days and I wanted to be aggressive with my goal because I have done one of these contests before and I did well (but put most of the weight back on). So, this time I had the advantage of MFP - tracking calories, tracking exercise, and encouragement from MFP friends - all three were AWESOME and crucial to my success.

I decided from day 0 that I wasn't going to screw around with "cheat" days or skipping workouts, I also wasn't going to "never have a cookie" and "not drink any beer". I love that stuff too much.

Portion control and consistent "kick *kitten*" exercise were the big factors for me. I went to the gym 3 or 4 times/week and I would do a workout at home at least one day on a weekend.

My workouts initially consisted of body-weight (80%) exercises (pushups, squats, burpees, etc.) and elliptical or stair machines (20%) and usually I would workout for 45 - 60 min. As I moved through the days and months, I got stronger so I was able to do more in the same amount of time, also I began to add weighted exercises (deadlifts, dumbell squat press, kettlebell swings) to my workouts.

I ate well. I ate LOTS of veggies, and fruits, yogurt, and protein bars and shakes. I cut WAY back on carbs (breads, desserts, BEER) - I would still have one or two a week with dinner or after dinner (it became SUCH a treat!) At first I left a few too many calories in my days - it was hard to adjust to that concept and it was a challenge to learn to pace myself through the day (calorie-wise). Protein shakes helped a lot. My go-to end-of-day treat/calorie filler was a protein shake with natural peanut butter and a banana - SO good!

I think that's about it. I know my approach was aggressive but I didn't want to get to the end of my 90 days and wonder how much better I could have done if I had just tried a little bit harder. I kicked *kitten* and I'm glad I did.

From here, I want to build muscle and maintain my weight. Good luck to you reading this. :drinker:

e726f2f7-a500-46dc-b000-ea7cf8e66182_zps0e48b606.jpg

Hot DOG! You go boy! Love that bread basket you got there. :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!