Rest Days

Options
Just wondering what everyone's rest day is like? No formal exercise, just a light walk? I feel so guilty doing nothing for a day. Mind you I am a stay at home mom so I am changing pull-ups (trying to potty train), daily dishes, laundry, cleaning, cooking three meals, yes I do for three kids, bath for the littlest and all those other things moms do that no one notices unless she doesn't do them. I am up most of the day. Although I've been doing this for two plus years now I am just wondering what the definition of "rest day" means?

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    For me my rest day is just no exercise DVD. I have two little ones too so it is not like I am sitting on my butt with my feet propped up. It is usually running errands or to activities for the kids on Saturdays. We may go for a one mile walk in the evening around the neighborhood but no extreme cardio or lifting.
  • angiek123
    angiek123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My "rest" days sound like yours. Just no formal exercise. But I'm often burning as many or more calories on my rest days (according to my bodymedia) because I'm on my feet more and not feeling beat up after a workout. :)

ETA: I'm a SAHM of 4.
  • missexel
    missexel Posts: 4
    Options
    I typically give myself two rest days a week.

One is a partial rest day - a day where I do yoga, go for a jog, a nice extra long walk with the dog, etc. Something to keep me moving, but give my muscles a break. My second rest day is a full rest day! I deserve one after all! Perhaps you do, too!

That being said, I do stretches every day. I try to walk the dog on these days too, because, he needs his exercise too!! =)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Walking the dog, walking or cycling to the store, library, cleaning etc - life doesn't stop because I call it a 'rest day'.
    Sure, if I were feeling exhausted or injured, I'd lay off certain activities. But the point is to rest before you get to that point. Am I making sense here?