1300 calories for weight loss, but i feel too full?

Options
hi! I've been tracking my calories for a while now but i havent tried to post yet. So be nice to me, okay? (:

So I was on a 1200 net calorie plan to lose weight, and it worked great and i lost until i was 107. and then for no reason at all I just gained 7 pounds without changing a thing; still smae exercise, same diet. So then i was 113 a few days ago, and i was scared that maybe i was in starvation mode or water retention or something. It really upset me. but i started to eat 1300 because some people on here seemed to have success losing weight when they increased their calories a little bit.
But i know that 1300 calories for me is very low.
Some days i ate 1800 and would still be hungry. now i eat 1300 and feel really full and bloated (im always bloated, but thats for another forum). so Im kind of freaked out. Did i mess up my metabolism so much that it only needs very little calories now? D:
but that doesnt make sense because before i ate 1200 claories for weeks and some binge days 1800 would still leave me hungry!

im now at 110, great. But please tell me what Im doing wrong, did i screw up my metabolism? D:

i did start having protein powder though. Around the same time as the weight gain...

Replies

• Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    No you didn't screw up your metabolism.

I didn't look through you diary but I'll assume you're being honest about 1200 NET calories. Increasing by 100 isn't going to do much. You need to eat your maintenance until you readjust to a normal diet. Then you can start dropping calories again. 1200 is probably too low for most people. Try to only drop your calories by 10-15% of your maintenance.

Slow and steady is the only way to consistently lose. Trying to lose weight fast will only result in what happened to you. Weight loss, followed by weight gain for seemingly no reason. Just the body trying not to die.