Hello From Australia!

Options
Hey everyone, I signed up a couple of days ago and so far I love this site!
Ok a short intro, my name is Caz, I live in a state called Queensland in Australia. I love it here, we live in North Qld which is the tropics, so we never get a so called winter here. Beautiful all year round.

I have been on my weight loss journey for many years. After 4 kids, a failed first marriage and a few other milestones, my weight slowly creeped on and I basically lost interest in how I looked.

I have always had 2 life long dreams. One was to become a nurse ( completed 6 months ago :bigsmile: ) and the other is to join the Australian Air Force ( next goal ). I have a long way to go before I can even consider trying to join. I have a lot of weight to lose and I need to increase a great deal of fitness and strength.

I also gave up smoking 6months ago. I am still struggling with this. I still sneak a puff here and there. I went without a ciggy for 4 solid months and in that time I went into deep depression. So much so that I tried to end my marriage ( this is my second marriage ) and I pushed my children and friends away. I was so damn miserable. I asked my doctor for help many times and to no avail. So I started to sneek a puff a day and it seems to have kept it under control. I have not had a full ciggy but I am worried I may if I keep this up.

I am looking forward to meeting people and travelling along the same road as others.
Have a great day!
Caz

Replies

• kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place where there's a lot of positive motivation and feedback. Glad to have you here.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to MFP!!! I am glad you are enjoying it so far!!
    I have found that walking, and exercise in general, helps a LOT with anxiety and depression. Especially if you can get outside in the sun, even for just 10-15 minutes.
    :happy: Good Luck with meeting ALL of your Goals!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hello back from Michigan. Names Mary but everyone calls me Sunnie. Good on you for joining us here at MFP! Sending a friend request as I type.
  • mivitaluna
    Options
    Mary, LJCannon and kimmiebear70, thank you all for the warm welcome! :flowerforyou: