My journey started by giving up........

Options
rdsxfn
rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
Donuts. I won't even treat myself to a bite. Ever see Tommy Boy? The bear claw scene. Priceless.

What did you cut down on/give up when you started your journey?

Replies

• colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything but I cut down on carbs and increased protein. I stay full a lot longer and I feel better, so win!
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a common one, but, soda. I can't even look at them right now haha
  • velvet_violence
    Options
    I used to buy packs of candy with multiple servings that were all flavorings, colorings, and sugar. Counted them in when I first very started just tracking but when I realized what other sorts of things I could eat instead I decided I would be best served without. I make coconut oil chocolate and enjoy those instead.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sour cream and cheddar Ruffles - I can't eat just one serving. I miss them so much.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing that I've actually given up was the feeling of guilt on less than perfect days.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, honey, celery, pineapple, coconut....aka I just gave up food I hate because there are too many other yum foods I love!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Stuffing myself like the pig I was at every meal.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've cut alcohol for approx 6wks now. Started out as skipping it for a week & its just rolled from there really. I'll go back to it at some point but currently laying up on the sofa for 24hrs after isn't where I want to be.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Soda, white bread, and anything fried....
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything; however, I've limited my sweets, breads and fried foods.
  • RozzeleS
    RozzeleS Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can't give up anything, I fall off the band wagon too easily, Just everything in proportion.. a small bar of chocolate not a large family size.. :bigsmile:
  • cathydubepenner
    cathydubepenner Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    fried foods and white foods (rice, pasta, bread, etc) but still eat those items....only whole grain instead
  • ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing that I've actually given up was the feeling of guilt on less than perfect days.
  • ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is what I've decided to do too. So, far it's working.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    Almond croissant and a strong latte from Pret for breakfast every morning on my way to work.

Was costing silly money anyway! :smile:
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    negative thoughts, avoiding the gym, my dependence on others to be part of my journey, doing it for other people, doing it for the reflection and not my health!