hi new to this!!!

Options
hey thought i would post this. been trying to do this for a couple months by myself but kinda failing at the moment, i am looking for buddies looking to loose weight and who have open diaries so i can get ideas from :smile:

I have been in a bad way last couple months health wise. found out i keep giving myself kidney infections and before christmas last year i was admitted into hospital with sepsis and had to have a blood transfusion. i changed my diet but wasn't good enough as I have another infection again.

so yeah thats a little about me. I am currently 24st2lbs and waist 48inches and chest 50 inches

hope to make some new buddies on here :bigsmile:

Replies

• wyliebby11
    Options
    Hello! Seems we had the same idea. :) I've been on here once before, but didn't use the "calorie counting website" as much as I probably should have! I'm hoping the second time around, if I've got people to motivate me, that I'll have a better shot at this!

I'm 21,
    SW: 156
    CW: 151
    GW: 125

Feel free to add me, I'd love to gain some new friends working towards a similar goal! :)
  • itsmeliamaaront
    Options
    added :smile:
  • Tommyknuckles
    Tommyknuckles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have learned if I want something and want to change things (i.e., diet, exercise) is to make small positive steps instead of radical changes. Celebrate the small "victories"! I'm 47 years old and determined to live better, sometimes one step at a time! We can do this!!
  • sofagreen
    sofagreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im new too! Yep every goal reached is important - I'm pleased I have even started on this app again and now im speaking on forums... I never do this as a rule. We have all started so that's the main thing. Feel free to add me.

Good luck all x
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... I'm a little older than you at 42 but I've been 23st at my heaviest a couple of years ago.

I'm currently on an 86 day streak here; Was 20st 8lbs at the beginning of January and am now at 16st 10lbs so just 2lbs shy of 4st loss this year.(I'm 5ft 11 / 180cm)

Diary is open. I drink lots of water and restrict starchy carbs like bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. I don't cut them out completely so still enjoy a curry every fortnight .... or a slice of toast one day a week. ... and I still have roast potatoes on a Sunday (with Wine!).

You'll notice I eat high protein (lots of chicken and steak and eggs) and supplement with whey isolate as well. I set myself an 1800 daily net and hit the gym 3 mornings a week for an hour to do a 5km run and some weights.

With your kidney problems - you should check with your GP - particularly if you are looking to increase protein and / or if you are diabetic.