Starting My Diet Today

Options
Ugh after eating pizza today, I've had enough. I know that sometimes I'm going to have to give myself room for cheating, but I'm sick and tired of pizza. I'm sick and tired of always worrying how much I'll weigh and afraid that I will never lose weight. I'm just going to stop eating pizza and all that junk food. I'm going to be healthy and I'm going to work out everyday. Starting today.

Replies

• HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You can do it dear! Just remind yourself every once in a while that you are doing this for you and you worth it!!

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • berpdaesun
    Options
    Thank you! I was hoping to get some motivation from the MyFitnessPal community and I love it here. It has great information and great people! :)
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ugh after eating pizza today, I've had enough. I know that sometimes I'm going to have to give myself room for cheating, but I'm sick and tired of pizza. I'm sick and tired of always worrying how much I'll weigh and afraid that I will never lose weight. I'm just going to stop eating pizza and all that junk food. I'm going to be healthy and I'm going to work out everyday. Starting today.

Yay! you can do this.

How much do you want to lose? Calorie goal? if you haven't thought about any of this you might want to read this.. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to stop eating pizza and all that junk food.

Don't cut out anything that you can't cut out forever. Eat the pizza, just limit your portion size and log it. You'll be much more successful if you learn how to eat for life. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • berpdaesun
    Options
    Thank you all! I love you guys!

@lauren3101 here's what I did I ordered tons and tons of pizza, then i just ate a few and put it in the fridge haha so whenever i have a craving I can have a slice and limit myself! Yeah I can't live without pizza...I mean I can, but I can't cut it out :(

@Harrisonsaunt I plan on losing about 60 pounds to start out with and then after that maybe 10 more pounds with exercise and weight training! My calorie goals are about 1,200 - 1,600 calories/day :)
  • em84
    em84 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good Luck :)
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm happy to see you're ready to make this step!
  • pouka89
    pouka89 Posts: 24
    Options
    Go for it! Don't stop yourself from having any treats, but the more your cut back the more you wont want the junk food! Or when you do you will have a lot less than before.

Best of luck to you :)
  • vilasini2
    vilasini2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Stop eating crap like pizza. Eat natural healthy foods, unprocessed. There is not much to eat in the supermarkets, when you read the labels you will see how much salt sugar and artificial chemicals there are in the food. Do away with all that rubbish and you exclude so much out of your diet. Eat food like nature intended us to, fresh, natural and full of nutrients. The reason that so many people are overweight in the west is because they are starving, the food they eat is so processed and so empty of nutrients, that people crave more food to get what the body needs. So wise up and learn what your body needs and just eat that.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Just remember to go slowly. Don't try to do everything at once. Maybe take a week eating at a calorie deficit. Once you have that down, add some exercise a little at a time. I feel like when people (me included) does everything at once there's more of a chance of quitting due to frustration.

Don't cut out all your favorite foods. You can still eat some of your favorite foods--just smaller quantities.

You got this! All of us here started out just like you are.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to stop eating pizza and all that junk food.

Don't cut out anything that you can't cut out forever. Eat the pizza, just limit your portion size and log it. You'll be much more successful if you learn how to eat for life. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

^^^^Good advice. Also, the "all or nothing" thinking will set you up to fail and possibly lead to an ED. Realize that you're human, you're going to eat too much sometimes, eat the wrong things sometimes and eat too much of the wrong things sometimes. Log it, then move on, otherwise, the first time you eat something you consider "bad" you will be tempted to just give up. (BTW, food of any kind is neither inherently bad or inherently good. It's just food.)

I think the percentage is something like this: If you eat healthy food 80% of the time, you can eat less-than-healthy food 20% of the time.

:drinker:
  • berpdaesun
    Options
    Thank you every single one of you!!!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome.

Try not to think of it as a diet with an end date, but a lifestyle change where you can still work in your favorite foods. A couple of tips buy a digital food scale, with a "tare" button that weighs ounces, pounds and grams. This is an indispensable tool. Weigh, measure and log everything that you put into your body. It is daunting at first, but well worth the effort for your new healthier lifestyle. Take a before picture, and use a tape measure to record your current measurements. It can be depressing, but in a couple of months you'll be happy to see just how far you've come. Open your diary when you're ready, it helps to keep you accountable and gives others great recipe ideas. :) Add friends, we are all going through some journey be it losing, gaining, or maintaining, or we wouldn't be here. Best of luck to you!! You can and will do this!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    yay!! its a new day!

I loveeee pizza! I know you said you were sick of it, BUT, if you ever have cravings, I recommend the California Pizza Kitchen in the frozen section at your grovery store. Its the "pizza for one" serving, thin crust, all under 400 cals for the entire pizza. Very good alternative!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Make this a life style change. Pizza is yummy and you can't give it up forever. But you can cut it down to only having it once and while as a treat, and only a slice or so. You will not continue with this journey if you cut out everything that you enjoy. You have to make this journey workable. Not torture. Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision. I'm glad you said that you are starting your diet today and not tomorrow. So many say they will start tomorrow, and tomorrow never comes.
  • captainamerica52
    Options
    you can do it :flowerforyou:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That's great that you are making the choice to get healthy.

But you do not need to cut out any foods or groups of foods to lose weight. Just like what has already been said, get a digital food scale, weigh all of your solids and measure all of your liquids. When you can get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to track your calories burned, especially during steady state cardio. Lifting weights will also help you maintain your lean muscle mass. Eat back at least 1/2 of your exercise calories until then because MFP and machines overestimate calorie burns.

Eat enough protein, carbs and fat are not the enemy barring any medical conditions. Drink lots of water.

Don't ever give up, none of us are perfect.

I've lost all my weight eating at a reasonable deficit since June of 2013 and exercising. I enjoy sweets and deserts several times a week and I make them fit into my day. I still enjoy pizza.

Good luck!
  • berpdaesun
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! So much motivation. I actually don't have a gym membership, so I'm going to be doing T25 tonight. I've been hearing nothing but good news and I'm so anxious to get started. Thank you all again! :D
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What's a DIEt ?