Kellogg's corn flakes

Options
siqiniq
siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
I just was adding KCF to my log, and according to the listing I saw there are 98 calories in 25 grams. That seems like a lot, so I went to the Kellogg's website and found that 25g is actually 25 cals. Moral of the story: if it seems strange, check it out.

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    KFC is NOT Kellog's Corn Flakes.

Make sure you did not pull up KFC instead of KCF. Mostly because I've never heard the cereal abbreviated like that but Kentucky Fried Chicken yes, all the time.
  • infinitesum
    Options
    Which product were you looking at on the Kellogg's website?
    The nutrition facts panel that you can pull up from here--> http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/kelloggs-corn-flakes-cereal.html#prevpoint has Kellogg's Corn Flakes cereal as 100 calories for 28g, not too far off the entry you found on MFP. I grant you, that amount of cereal is not very filling for the calories, but that's why I shake my fist at cereal and don't eat as much of it these days. :laugh:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    *goes to pantry and pulls out her box of cornflakes*

side panel of my aussie Kelloggs Corn Flakes says:

Serving size 1 metric cup (30g)... 470kJ (which is 112 cals).
    2.3g protein.
    0.1g fat,
    24.9g carbs (2.4g sugar),
    1g fibre
    165mg sodium.

iron 3mg
    zinc 1.8mg
    folate 100micrograms
    vit c 6mg
    niacin 2.5mg
    riboflavin (vit B2) 0.42mg
    thiamin (vit B1) 0.28mg

mmmmmm yummy. And a perfectly acceptable calorie count at 670kJ (160 cals) with half a cup of skim milk as a breakfast meal or even a snack.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I just was adding KCF to my log, and according to the listing I saw there are 98 calories in 25 grams. That seems like a lot, so I went to the Kellogg's website and found that 25g is actually 25 cals. Moral of the story: if it seems strange, check it out.

Wrong.

It's basically a dry carbohydrate so will be somewhere close to 4 cals per gram.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Huh?

From the Kellogs website:

Serving Size 1 Serving (30g)
    Calories 113
    Sugar 2.4 g
    Fat 0.3 g
    Saturates 0.1 g
    Salt 0.38 g
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    KelloggsCornFlakescereal_449.gif