confused (dont know where to post this)

Options
MFP says "debrahammonde has lost 2lbs since her last weigh in. She has lost 1lb so far"

I am confused, I have lost 2lbs, why does it only register as 1lb?
:sad:

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Something funky is going on with your starting weight and current weight.
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if you lose X.5 pounds. It will round up to the nearest number. Not sure why MFP sticks to Whole numbers, but they do.
  • mrsdebsriley
    mrsdebsriley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im not sure it would be a 0.5lb issue as I havent entered a 0.5lb loss..

maybe when I set up MFP years ago it was a pound lighter than what ive put in today so it only thinks ive lost 1lb. Annoying.
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mine says I have only lost 73 lbs when in fact I have lost 114 lbs total. I tried to go back and change it but it wouldnt let me. So I deal with it. I know it isnt accurate but I know how much I have lost and that is what matters the most.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Use the Help feature because there is a link on the upper right side of the page where you could email for support.
  • Phillysaurus
    Phillysaurus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine did that too - go back and delete your past entries so only the valid ones remain. I don't know about the App, but on the website go to Check In >> Edit Previous Entries.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    How do you weigh in, and how often? I have an Aria scale which connects wirelessly. Its part of my Fitbit account which I had before I joined MFP, though now they all sync together.

MFP counts my total weight loss from the first reading it received (from Ftibit, Aria) right after I joined MFP. It counts from last weigh in, well from the last weigh in. I started losing in December, joined MFP in February so MFP "total" is not accurate.
    MFP says "debrahammonde has lost 2lbs since her last weigh in. She has lost 1lb so far"

• MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Because your original starting weight was lower than your new starting weight, it's measuring your total loss from your previous starting weight. If you go to your Check-In page and click the "Edit previous entries" button, you can change your starting weight and delete any previous weigh-ins that were lower than that. MFP should then show the correct number.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't register if you've gained, so although you've lost 2lbs since your last weigh in, you might have gained on the weigh in before (if that makes sense :smile: )
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Mine says I have only lost 73 lbs when in fact I have lost 114 lbs total. I tried to go back and change it but it wouldnt let me. So I deal with it. I know it isnt accurate but I know how much I have lost and that is what matters the most.

Ok mine does that too, now I know it's not just me.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Enter a date before you started your mfp profile and put in your real starting weight.

ETA. I started mfp in april 2013 but had already lost 10 lbs. So I went back and put March 1st 2013 and entered my original starting weight
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you weigh 200lbs when you start. Lose 3lbs, that would put you at 197. Say you binge for a few weeks and gain 4lbs. You're now at 201. If you then lose 2lbs, you are at 199, which is a total of a 1lb loss from your initial start weight.

If you need to change your initial start weight, you can click edit previous entries (under check in) and up at the top it allows you to change your start weight.
  • kborden36
    kborden36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just had to do this, too!!! You can edit your starting weight here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/update_weight

I found that link from the faq here: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/5227062-total-weight-lost-isnt-showing-
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

hahaha, love your crying face!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Check your starting weight in your stats. It is a problem there. Keep up the great work hun! :)
  • mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started losing prior to using MFP, and I wanted to see my total loss, not just since MFP. MFP allows you to go back in time and set your SW to whatever you want on any date.
  • mrsdebsriley
    mrsdebsriley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your help guys! Sorted it out! :)