Here to help!

Options
Up666061
Up666061 Posts: 15 Member
Hey guys, my names Lewis Davis a fitness competitor/model and am here to help you with all your nutritional/training needs!
Feel free to post some questions and ill reply as soon as possible.
Thanks!

Replies

• pilotkw
    pilotkw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awww, went to doctor yesterday for physical, she's going to take me off estrogen in 6 months, so I have 6 months to lose my weight. After I get off estrogen I think (don't know) my skin will not tighten after weight loss, so really need to keep motivated. Going to email my doctor on my progress every week and try to log in here everyday. Any tips? Best wishes to you all eatting right and getting in shape! Have some of you that have lost over 20 pounds found you have more energy? That would be encouraging if you have. I'm tired a LOT.
  • pilotkw
    pilotkw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Any ideas what I could do for stength training. I run, jog and hike, but no strength training. Anything you'd recommend for women?
  • Up666061
    Options
    Pilotkw if keeping motivated is the issue you just need to keep the positive things in your life and not worry about the negative, life is tough but if you really want something it will happen. Losing weight does indeed make you feel much more energetic and healthier as a person, everything about you changes from looks to mentality and people will notice. If you ever need motivation a good way is to take photos weekly and track progress, so when your down and need motivation to keep going you can look back at day 1 and see just how far you've come.

Strength training:
    Strength training for women is generally the same as men, just men gain a lot more muscle due to testosterone women physically are unable to do so without having the test. If your looking to lose weight through strength training try doing medium weights with high reps 8-12, keep the tempo up with a rest period of 30 seconds so you really build up a sweat. Look up some female strength training programs on google, there are many and they all work.

Hope this helps you!
  • SophieLPxx
    SophieLPxx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I think I have the same goal as many girls my age! I want nice thighs a nice bum and flat/toned stomach! My stomach is the major part I want flat I'm not overweight and don't need to loose weight I just really need to tone up!! My aim is to have my legs bum and stomach looking toned and slim by summer! Ideally the 10th of August ( as I'm going away) have you got any tips on how I can achieve this and are there any bum, leg and stomach exercises you know?? Any information would be amazing and if you have links to exercises being demonstrated that would be extremely helpful!! Thank you
    Sophie xx
  • Up666061
    Options
    Sure i can help, a flat stomach is mainly down to nutrition, ever heard the phrase working out is 20% eating is 80%. For a flat stomach you need to calculate how many calories you use in a day and go into a calorie deficit, its easy to calculate as myfitnesspal will do it all for you! If you eat whole foods instead of junk foods you'll see a massive difference as well, most junk food is loaded with calories, even small biscuits can sometimes have over 100 calories each when a tin of tuna is only 65 calories and you get much more from it! Follow your calorie rules and you'll definitely see a big result before you go away :)

Exercises for a flat stomach and toning legs/bum:
    Floor/hanging leg raises - This will target your lower abs and over all stomach area, aim for 12 reps with a slow decline.
    Squats - Great exercise for overall body shape as you initiate your core to stabilise your body + targets your bum/legs, aim for 12-16 reps of body weight squats for 3 or 4 sets (you can change the rep range depending on how you feel, it might be too much or not enough just make sure you feel the burn).
    Straight leg dead lifts (if you have access to a gym) - Targets your glute's and is great for your legs.
    Crunches - Great for a flat stomach
    Cardio - This can be anything you want, cardio is key to gaining a flat stomach as you aim to burn the fat off the top of the stomach to in tern flatten it out, you will see huge differences if balanced with a good diet.

Hope this all helps!
  • Just_Bina
    Just_Bina Posts: 12
    Options
    I need all the help I a can get:happy:

right now I do strength training 5 days a week (everyday is a different body part) with 45 mins of cardio seems like i stalled not losing any weight I think I am not eating enough calories a day right now I am doing 1200 a day
  • Up666061
    Options
    Ok well if you think you've stalled on the weight your at (which by the way looks like your doing really well!) it might be useful to do a re-feed day. Think of your metabolism as a steam train the more you feed it the faster it goes, people who diet with a large calorie deficit will lose a lot of weight at the start but then all of a sudden your weight loss might stop, this is because your metabolism has slowed down and adjusted to the calories your taking in now. So for a re-feed you'll increase your carbs for the day and this will allow your metabolism to speed back up, if you look online theres articles saying how often everyone should have a re-feed day for certain body fat percentages, theres also lots more information on re-feeds and how there effective and necessary for weight loss.

Hope this helps!